We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reef Resort room options

Troy, Ohio
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Reef Resort room options

We stayed at the Reef Resort a few years ago and loved it! We are planning a trip back, but the cost has gone up since Wyndham took over. We are wondering if we will be comfortable in a studio for a week, since they are more affordable.

The website does not have any floor plans or many pictures of the studio units. What is the difference between a regular studio and a Deluxe studio? And can anyone describe the "separate sitting area" that the website mentions? From what I remember of the layout, I can't imagine how much extra sitting area there could be in the space! I'm not sure we want to live without a couch for a week...

Thanks!

White Sand Water Sports
Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Equipment Hire, Boat Tours
Ocean Frontiers
Scuba & Snorkeling
ECO Rides Cayman
Eco Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours
Wreck of the Ten Sail Memorial
Points of Interest & Landmarks
8 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reef Resort room options

Why not contact the resort directly? A quick phone call to the resort should yield answers. Plus, they might even offer you a discount if you tell them you're a repeat visitor and that price is the reason you're considering a studio.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reef Resort room options

I think that the Reef Resort is a nice place too (I have visited but never stayed there). But I have stayed in a few studio apartments in the tropics and I have decided that I don't like cooking, eating, sleeping, and living all in the same room. I much prefer a 1-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen or a condo.

Tell us what you like to do on a Grand Cayman vacation and the things that you liked about the Reef Resort and perhaps we will be able to recommend other properties for your consideration.

What drew you to the Reef Resort last time, and what did you like when you got there?

Edited: 13 July 2016, 07:52
Troy, Ohio
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reef Resort room options

We love the location of the Reef Resort. It's away from the congestion of seven mile beach, but has everything we need right there: groceries, restaurant, surf shop and liquor store. What else do you need on vacation? The resort has that great beach bar, with happy hour. Beautiful ocean view, snorkeling right out your door. If we want to go out for dinner or lunch, we can (or at least we COULD) rent a car right there.

Last time we were there we did a night kayak tour of the bioluminescent bay on our own. We did not do any tours through the resort, but we would like to do at least one "adventure" tour during our stay. And maybe a massage. Other than that, we just want to enjoy a book or two on the beach or our balcony without feeling constantly like we are missing something, which I do always feel like at a more busy resort or on a cruise.

We know this is a perfect spot for us. We are just trying to make it slightly less of a splurge.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
928 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reef Resort room options

The "regular" studios are found in the condos in the newest, northernmost building. The "deluxe" studios in the two timeshare buildings are slightly larger with the additional room taken up by a whirlpool bathtub that is separate from the bathroom.

The "separate sitting area" surely refers to the unit's outside deck area with two chairs and a small table and not anywhere inside, where there is only one chair and no couch.

Vernon
Level Contributor
313 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reef Resort room options

I'm here now in regular studio. It has mini fridge microwave and toaster. Perfect for toasted bagel and strawberries. There are 2 chairs and a table inside. We ate on deck with ocean view. We love it here. You can rent car here or across street at Andy's. There is literally only 8 people on beach. So quiet and beautiful. We rented a car for entire stay at airport for $120. Would definitely come back.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
61 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reef Resort room options

You can view the layouts of the different rooms and read a short description on The Reef's (Wyndham Cayman) website. Click the "Read More" button.

wyndhamcayman.com/Beachfront-Accommodcations…

Troy, Ohio
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reef Resort room options

Thank you AlbanyHDTV, that's what I needed! Who knew a hotel would have two different websites? I will call the hotel to book. Maybe they will appreciate my return business and offer a slightly better rate. A girl can hope...

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reef Resort room options

When you stayed at the Reef in the past did you have a chance to see the Barefoot Man? He performs there on Thursday nights. He is a funny, irreverent local musician. You can get a dinner show (kind of like a wedding meal but okay) or you can hang at the bar in the back of the room and enjoy the show; see the link below. We had a great time at his show at the Reef Resort last year.

You can find videos on Youtube to see if you might enjoy his brand of humor.

http://www.barefootman.com/

Edited: 15 July 2016, 09:42
Reply to: Reef Resort room options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about East End