We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

hi wanting to visit calma taverna for sample some of marias traditional dishes visiting skiathos end of july this year staying in troulos this time. also is it possible to buy her cookery book before i arrive in skiathos on the internet etc? thanks carol

yorkshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

Bus Stop 16 and straight down the lane past the Platanias, Avli and Pegasus...

Mentioned in this post
Platanias
Platanias
Crete, Greece
Knaresborough
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

Hi

Think you can buy Maria's cookbook on Skiathos Direct website - know you can buy the walking boots on there.

Bought the book from Maria last September - it is excellent - enjoy it.

Best of all enjoy her cooking when you visit Calma, it is well worth the visit, Her Kleftico is absolutely fantastic.

Have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

thanks vicki1650 and zantebird i will definately try the calma taverna,,,, i will also try and get the book before i visit end of july,,, love greek dishes,,we cook many at home and everyone loves the end reslults, lanb kleftico is one of my favourite dishes although in different greek islands presented differently. Up to now i think zante has been my favourite for kleftico, so hopefully maria will beat that one. excited now thanks carol,,ps is it a long walk from troulos area we staying at the filia

yorkshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

Hi Caznsam, its about a 20 minute amble on the main road from Troulos to Ag P but beware the traffic especially if you are walking at night.. We used to go to Zante for years but moved to Skiathos a few years ago for our holidays..Kleftico can differ between the restaurants but it still tastes great however it is cooked!!

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

thanks zantebird,,we will see how we go may take the bus especially if v.warm,, and i know its a bit risky wiith no causeways. just thinking best way to visit nearby resorts as many tavernas are recommended. what part of zante do you stay? we visited when children were little to argassi,,, my sister and her husband early 50's are thinking of zante for this summer. thanks carol

yorkshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

We used to stay in Kalamaki until 3 years ago when the Travel Agents started to house the Laganas crowds into the Kalamaki hotels and apartments..We used to love it there when there was a gap between the 2 villages but unfortunately it felt like it was moulding into one resort..We also stayed in Vassilikos once and the beaches were beautiful there...

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
Laganas
Laganas
Zakynthos, Greece
Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

hi zantebird,,my sister has just booked for kalamaki,,,next yr, with her hubby to some appartments hope they like it its their first time to greece. its hard trying to recommend a greek island/resort as people have their own tastes etc,,, tried to coax them to skiathos but even skiathos is becoming expensive. they have booked with thomas cook to the antonis appartments i think and have good tripadvisor reviews.......hope it suits them carol

8. Re: which bus stop number please for calma taverna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Agia Paraskevi