We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which accommodation.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
87 posts
55 reviews
Which accommodation.

I need a little help please in deciding if there is any difference between Zorba's and Marialena. I have been to Skiathos once before stayed in Koukanaries which was lovely but want a change. Both complexes look great but is their much distance between them to the beach and restaurants? I will be going on my own, a solo female traveller.

Thank you

derbyshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Which accommodation.

I think if I remember rightly that Marialeni is further down the lane from Zorbas. I would be more inclined to go to Zorbas.

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: Which accommodation.

Don't forget Zorbas has a bit of a steep hill up to it. Marialeni Are about 200 to 300 meters up the lane.

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Which accommodation.

Zorba's has a new access road for this year,no more cardiac hill !

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
250 reviews
4. Re: Which accommodation.

A new access road - that is brilliant! We're off to Zorbas again on 2 September and I wasn't looking forward to that steep hill. Is it accessed from a different area.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Which accommodation.

If you walk past Pegasus the new path is on the left, you'll see the sign. It's easier from the bottom but there are quite a few steps at the top. TBH the only difference is whether you want a steep start to the top (old road) or a steep finish (new path). We love the road, like to stop and take in the views half way up..

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
250 reviews
6. Re: Which accommodation.

Oh, so it's not a road for driving up, just for walking?

West Midlands
Level Contributor
87 posts
55 reviews
7. Re: Which accommodation.

Just to update I have booked Marialena

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
637 posts
259 reviews
8. Re: Which accommodation.

Zorbas is a much better location albeit up a mega steep hill but it seems like there's better access now. Plus it has great views.

Marialena is nice but really really far out. If you enjoy walking like we do, we still found it to be hard word and not enjoyable to get to.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
87 posts
55 reviews
9. Re: Which accommodation.

I chose Marialena as the price was far more competitive, Thomsons were asking a ridiculous price for Zorba's and to be fair it's just a place to sleep and relax, I'm sure the walk will do me good 😉

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
637 posts
259 reviews
10. Re: Which accommodation.

I'm sure you will enjoy it but the walk really is far to the main stretch I'd say half an hour. Perhaps a car might help or I'm sure the hotel has a bus to take passengers at certain times of day

Get answers to your questions about Agia Paraskevi