We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything turtles

Save Topic
Anything turtles

Hey guys,

I've just booked a week at the skiathos princess in a couple of weeks. Both me and my partner both love turtles. Can anyone recommend any trips or activities we can do that have the possibility of turtle sights etc. Any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything turtles

Skiathos is not known as a turtle area you may get to sea one if you go on one of the trips (if they are running) over to the protected marine park but Dolphin sightings are quite common.

Turtles are common in the Ionion sea especially Zakinthos and Kephalonia where there are nesting beaches.

Save Reply
2. Re: Anything turtles

Thanks for the quick reply and info. I'll take a look. Cheers

Tirol, Austria
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything turtles

No sea turtles around but I believe there are some terrapins at Troulos. Or possibly Kolios?

I'm sure someone will be on who can tell you more.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything turtles

There are some terrapins in a pond behind the water sports shack on troulos beach.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything turtles

Turtles are usually around in winter time. Terrapins on a few of the beaches - which for some reason folks give them bread ...

Save Reply
6. Re: Anything turtles

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's definitely worth knowing about the terrapins. I think we'll be taking a trip to troulos :)

Cheers

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anything turtles

There are also terrapins at Agia Paraskevi

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
504 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anything turtles

Yes at AP at Jimmy s studios........

9. Re: Anything turtles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2017, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Agia Paraskevi