We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe for children, 2 and 6 years old?

Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Safe for children, 2 and 6 years old?

Hi! My family is planning a trip to Kota Kinabalu in November..was wondering whether Manukan Island is safe for my wife and two rather active boys, 2 n 6 years old. Wife is also recovering from c-section after delivering our lovely daughter. Wife request for some nature stuff for the boys..I think that climbing Mt Kinabalu is a bit out of the questions..so is now wondering what options I have. Thanks for all the helps I can receive here.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe for children, 2 and 6 years old?

hello ghimoh,

Manukan is safe for kids, many parents brought their toddlers to manukan for day trips. Just keep an eye of them, as accidents could happen anywhere.

Well, for nature stuff, you can take your family for River Cruise, there your kids will get to see monkeys and also other wildlife. I guess kids love fireflies too! This can you find plenty of them at Weston River. This is quite suitable for your wife too, as it does not require much walking, just sitting in the boat and the tour will do the rest.

Enjoy Sabah!

Singapore
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe for children, 2 and 6 years old?

Hi!..Sabah_Girl,

Thanks for your kind and prompt reply! This is definitely helpful to me.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe for children, 2 and 6 years old?

you r most welcome! do enjoy Sabah at it's best!

4. Re: Safe for children, 2 and 6 years old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Manukan Island
Recent Conversations