We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Gem - Walking In Elliston

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
117 reviews
87 helpful votes
Hidden Gem - Walking In Elliston
Save

If you are looking for hidden gems, here's one. I have to post this in the forum because no on has reviewed it in TA, now that's a gem!

After you view the puffins, continue down the road and take the left fork. Look on the left side and you will see a sign for the Maberly to Little Catalina trail. You can hike 16 km (10 miles) along the coast to Little Catalina. Of course I did not go that far, but what I did was fantastic. Just my wife and I walking along the coast, hearing nothing but the wind and feeling nothing but the sun. We saw a whale jump out of the water and that made our day. I can send you pictures if you are not sure this is for you.

3 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
54 posts
24 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Hidden Gem - Walking In Elliston
Save

Thanks for this info, is it possible to post your photo's here?

Is there anywhere else you recommend? Where did you stay?

Thanks

Paradise, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
7,591 posts
130 reviews
51 helpful votes
2. Re: Hidden Gem - Walking In Elliston
Save

Yes, isnt Maberley and the trail beautiful??!! Loads of whales in the Bonavista area this week. We saw a dozen in the water off the cape on Wednesday.

Calgary
Level Contributor
497 posts
119 reviews
135 helpful votes
3. Re: Hidden Gem - Walking In Elliston
Save

Yup the Elliston Puffin site can be quite busy. But there is so much more in the area. We hiked the Klondike trail, also saw puffins from shore .... and there was nobody but us around! Stunning landscape.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g154962-d584293-Reviews-Cape_St_Mary_s_Ecological_Reserve-Newfoundland_and_Labrador.html

Reply to: Hidden Gem - Walking In Elliston
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Elliston
Recent Conversations
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.