We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Grotto Question

14 posts
Save Topic
Blue Grotto Question

I'm in Naples right now for the week!

I'm a party of one. Do they place me with other people or do I get rowed alone (which weirds me out)??

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
3 replies to this topic
Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Grotto Question

You will be crammed in like a Sardine with others in a small rowing boat for the few minutes inside the cave. Remember to have some change for the 'Tipp' so they will take you out.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Grotto Question

I was there just 8 days ago - the row boats take 4 passengers each - 2 at each end with the oarsman standing in the centre - I am 187cm tall and wouldn't describe it as being crammed in like a sardine - as long as you lean back as you go inside, all is well; the oarsman asks for a tip but only expects it when he drops you back to the starting point - our one was fantastic - he sang inside the grotto, we did 4 laps (amongst 3 people swimming!) inside the cave and we thought a tip was well deserved - many others we spoke to were inside for about 3 minutes and refused to tip - fully up to you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Grotto Question

I think I'm going to just swim before or after the boats. Yes, I know you aren't supposed to do this. I'm alone so I just hope I'm not the only person in the water. This is Glenda. Sometimes my Tripadvisor account is using my Facebook account??

Edited: 16 June 2018, 22:58
Reply to: Blue Grotto Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Island of Capri
;