We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Magog

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
1 review
Day Trips from Magog

I'm looking for day trip suggestions within a 3 hour drive of Magog that are NOT Quebec City, Montreal or any of the other Townships. I've been to the two cities many times and all the Townships so looking for something new. Also not into the US.

City, Small town, whatever, I'm not fussy, just something interesting or scenic. It would be about the drive as much as the destination and I'd plan a route that stayed off major highways to explore along the way so the territory getting there would also be a factor.

I'm staying in Magog for the first week of July and plan to cycle all day most days. But want to have a side trip in mind for days if the weather is bad or I need a day off the bike to rest.

Thank you,

4 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,392 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Day Trips from Magog

Go to Ottawa, Mont-Tremblant or any small town in the Laurentians.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 20:50
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
1 review
2. Re: Day Trips from Magog

I'd like to but I think Ottawa might take longer than I want. I'd probably do this during the week and want to have a full day so using Rt. 10 I'd hit Montreal at rush hour and presumably get bogged down there and coming up with a more interesting route not using big highways, as I'd like to, would just be to much mileage for a day.

Or is that wrong? Is it realistic to get to Ottawa, settled and parked ready to walk around, in three hours?

Montreal
Level Contributor
5,392 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Day Trips from Magog

Check google map... You don,t have to go thru Montreal!!! Highway 10 and 30... then 417.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 21:05
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
1 review
4. Re: Day Trips from Magog

Thanks. I had checked Google Maps but missed the rt 30 option. I'll definitely consider that.

Any comment on Trois-Rivieres? I'm sure Ottawa is a more interesting place with more to do but keeping in mind I'd only have a few hours to take a surface look. Just grab lunch and walk around for a while.

Reply to: Day Trips from Magog
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Magog