We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental cars in Christina Lake

Woodland, California
1 post
Save Topic
rental cars in Christina Lake

I need to rent a car in Christina Lake, BC. Drop off will be in WA. Any ideas where I can rent a car?

6 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental cars in Christina Lake

can't rent in one country and drop off in another.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,165 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental cars in Christina Lake

That's not true, exactly. It is sometimes possible to rent in one country and drop in another, but it's usually done between locations with very high traffic between them - Vancouver and Seattle, for instance.

I'd be very surprised if there are any car rental agencies in Christina Lake, BC... it's a pretty small place, from what I recall, having driven through there once. I did a google search for "Christina Lake, BC car rental" and the only results that came up are in Castlegar, Grand Forks, or Trail. The C.L. business directory does not have any car rentals listed - www.christinalake.com/businessdirectory

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,653 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental cars in Christina Lake

Kelowna is about 3 hours drive from Christina Lake. From there you could take a scheduled flight to LAX and SEA, and seasonal flights to other US cities.

I think you will find a large one way drop fee to do a one way rental to the States. There's even a one way drop fee between somewhere like Vancouver and Kelowna! Dropping in the States may not be possible at all. Who would get the car back to the point of origin? Who would pay staff to travel to Seattle? or ? to fetch one of their cars. You would. If the staff person had a valid passport.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,111 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental cars in Christina Lake

lttt is incorrect about one-ways but it's not going to happen from tiny Christina Lake.

As krp say....one ways do happen from Vancouver to Seattle at a premium rate.

But from the Kootenays to an undisclosed Washington State location, this is a search for a unicorn.

Kootenay Rockies...
Level Contributor
709 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rental cars in Christina Lake

There are no car rentals in Christina Lake. There was one in Grandforks a few years back however I haven't seen or heard that it is still there.

Castlegar has car rentals, at the Airport, which is the regions main airport.

Castlegar is 45 minutes from Christina Lake.

Air Canada ( Jazz) is the main airline in and out of the Castlegar airport with direct flights to Vancouver and Calgary

Spokane Washington, is 2.5 hours south of Christina lake and they have a large airport with everything you could ask for when it comes to car rentals and flights around the USA.

The boarder crossing below Christina Lake is open from 8am to midnight daily

Soup

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rental cars in Christina Lake

my apologies for giving incorrect information, above. live and learn...thanks for setting the record straight.

Reply to: rental cars in Christina Lake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christina Lake
Recent Conversations