We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
294 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton

We will be arriving in the early morning with a group aging travelers...I was looking at getting a day room to rest up from the flight (Our hotel would likely not be available for hours) - but I was wondering, how much of a walk to the Sheraton is from Gates D and E - the Delta area?

Also, does Schiphol offer any sort of transportation for the elderly, e.g. carts, etc) so we could get to the hotel more efficiently with older, tired, jet lagged seniors?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Schiphol
Schiphol
Haarlemmermeer, The Netherlands
3 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,158 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton

Do you know for sure your seniors are going to have as much of an issue as you think?

I am north of 70 and if my kids booked me at the airport the first day instead of getting me into town ASAP I'd not be a happy camper.

Now if I were traveling with seniors much older than me I might see it differently.

Last trip, it was off season, I was in my room by 7:30 am.

Most times I am in my rooms by 11 am.

YMMV on this of course

Others can tell you about the Sheraton

Edited: 09 June 2018, 05:33
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,158 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton

Again I dont know your exact situation

Most folks on here will advise not napping after you arrive. It can make adjusting so much harder IMO.

Even if tired, which at my when I fly over is significant, I always find it better to do something. Keep going and not nap.

Then I get down to bed real early that first night and when I awake in the morning I am on Amsterdam time and ready to go. I enjoy my trips much better that way.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 06:20
Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton

maybe check with the hotel you are staying in to see if they have early check in

sometimes there is a fee

But I agree it is best to keep moving maybe nap later in the day for an hour then try to stay up

I know one year we stayed at the Movenpick & got a room at 8:30 am

we dropped our bags & went off exploring

Reply to: Sheraton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Schiphol
;