We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol Airport to Bath?

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
Bristol Airport to Bath?

Hi,

Looking to get from Bristol Airport to Bath - is this doable, or do I have to go through Bristol first?

Can anyone recommend the best way?

Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Bristol Airport to Bath?

You haven't make it clear whether you are driving or whether you are getting public transport?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Bristol Airport to Bath?

Well I will try to help anyway.

If you are driving, no you do not have to pass through Bristol, you just take the A368.

If you are relying on public transport, there is a Bus known as the AirDecker which goes from the Airport to Bath City Centre making several stops on the way and takes roughly 50 minutes depending on traffic and costs £14 for a single journey.

Alternatively you could get the Bristol Airport Flyer to Bristol Temple Meads and then jump on the train from there to Bath Spa, The Airport flyer takes around 20 mins (again traffic permitting) to BTM and the journey time from there to Bath Spa is 11 minutes. The Airport Flyer cost £7 for a single Journey, a single train trip on to Bath Spa £7.80.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Bristol Airport to Bath?

I'd just take the Airdecker. It may take a bit longer but once you get on it at the airport there's no hassle of having to transfer your luggage to the train. Also, the timings for the combined bus/train journey don't take account of the fact that your arrival at the station by bus may well not coincide with the time of a train to Bath.

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
4. Re: Bristol Airport to Bath?

Sorry - going by public transport.

Dublin, Ireland
3 posts
5. Re: Bristol Airport to Bath?

@Christabel @Dean G That's great guys, thanks a mil!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Bristol Airport to Bath?

USed it for the first time yesterday. Very disappointed that there doesn’t appear to be an online guide to ALL the stops. Outline on the screen on the bus but all of a sudden it announces more stops in between. Could have got off earlier if I had known in advance. Takes time but once your on there is no hassle.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,967 posts
64 reviews
7. Re: Bristol Airport to Bath?

That sounds like a fault: I use it regularly (tonight being an example) and have never noticed that, and I know the route well having worked near the airport for 20 years.

Reply to: Bristol Airport to Bath?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted