We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber to Seven Sisters

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
447 posts
87 reviews
Uber to Seven Sisters

HI all - we will be visiting Seven Sisters from Brighton on a Sunday in late July. We would like to take the 12x bus from the train station if that is possible, when we arrive from London early Sunday morning. Alternatively, I wonder if using Uber is just as convenient, if not more so - and I assume it's not much more expensive than the bus. I would appreciate any thoughts on this - thanks very much.

13 replies to this topic
Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
6,358 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

Have you checked out quite how far it is ? The first part is always very busy with traffic. Just did a dummy booking and it's £75 one way to the country park with Uber X !

Just take the bus - sit upstairs on the right and you'll get a much better view.

Or get the train to Seaford - and walk !

Try to keep your schedule open to account for the weather. It's wonderful there on a fine day, rubbish on a wet one.

Mike

Edited: 07 June 2018, 23:10
Miami, FL
Level Contributor
447 posts
87 reviews
2. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

Wow - I did not know that it was quite that far. Thanks very much for the advice and for doing the dummy booking, I really appreciate that. Bus it is. Now to decide between 12x and 13x Tourist Trail - maybe those are so similar it doesn't matter much. At least I know I will not be using Uber...

Hove
Level Contributor
235 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

The 13X goes to Birling Gap at the eastern end of the Seven Sisters. If you want to get off at the entrance to the Country Park at Exceat and walk, take either that or the12X.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
447 posts
87 reviews
4. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

Thanks very much Dovegirl!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
5. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

<<<

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
447 posts
87 reviews
6. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

Maestro: Uber<<<bus? 12X<<<13X? <<<??? Thanks for anticipated clarification!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
7. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

Sorry - I was about to compile a reply when I accidentally pressed the send button and then got distracted by another matter.

I can't actually remember precisely what I was planning to say, but it was probably along the lines of Uber is certainly not price competitive in a place where there is efficient and cheap public transport (as you have discovered)

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
447 posts
87 reviews
8. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

Thanks Maestro - looking forward to using efficient and cheap public transport over Uber in this instance. I like the idea of sitting upstairs on the bus as well, for better views...

brighton
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

Hi there, the buses are really reliable- I lead walks for the Ramblers and we often use the 12a(12x doesn't run Sundays). Depending on how far you want to walk, from Exceat it's 3.5 miles to Birling Gap walking along the beautiful Cuckmere river and up and over some hills. At Birling Gap there is a cafe and visitors centre and a staircase down to the beach. Or carry on and its 6 miles to Beachy Head, pub, visitors centre. Or 9 miles to Eastbourne with lots of facilities. Remember its not a flat mile though! I would suggest the 12a bus there and the 13x back - 13 timetable here buscms.com/BrightonBuses2016/uploadedfiles/t… Link to the 12a timetable post 17 June is here. buscms.com/BrightonBuses2016/…tt12-170618.pdf If you are a group of up to 5 including 2 x adults get a network saver for £10 and that covers you all for a day of travel. You can get it from the bus driver. Info about tickets here http://buses.co.uk/page.shtml?pageid=1313 . I really hope you enjoy your visit. We have fantastic countryside and are blessed to have the seven sisters on our doorstep!

brighton
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: Uber to Seven Sisters

I should have said, I call it Exceat, the bus stop is Seven Sisters Park Centre.

Reply to: Uber to Seven Sisters
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brighton