We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terracotta Warriors

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,027 posts
460 reviews
Save Topic
Terracotta Warriors

I'm very pleased to report that, even though we had tried and failed to get tickets for the Terracotta Warriors at the World Museum before leaving home, we were able to do so by going to the museum at their 1000 opening time.

We had to queue for a couple of minutes, but as soon as we got to the counter, which was just outside the entrance, we were able to get tickets to enter at 1030. The exhibition was very good and we were glad we went.

Mentioned in this post
World Museum
World Museum
2,272 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
3 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terracotta Warriors

Glad you enjoyed it. We went last week, good value for money.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,714 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terracotta Warriors

Good to hear that Roj. I might try and go next week or the week after and see if I can pay on the door.

Did you have time to go into the free Ancient Egypt gallery at the World Museum? That is one of the best free exhibitions in a museum that I have ever been to,

Oh, and did you get to Blue Planet Aquarium okay? You said you were planning on getting the bus over there from Liverpool. ;-)

Mentioned in this post
World Museum
World Museum
2,272 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Blue Planet Aquarium
Blue Planet Aquarium
2,244 Reviews
Ellesmere Port, UK
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,027 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terracotta Warriors

Yes, I enjoyed the Egyptian gallery very much. We did have a bit of an issue with the Blue Planet, in that we missed the stop because the massive great sign couldn't be seen properly from the bus coming from Liverpool!

It wasn't a huge issue, though, as we went to Chester and had a look around, and then back to the aquarium, before it was back to Chester again later on. It was also my own fault as I neglected to double check the map before we set out, to see exactly which bus stop we needed. Nor did I ask the driver to give us a shout. I was a victim of my own arrogance, lol!

Mentioned in this post
Chester
Chester
Cheshire, UK
Reply to: Terracotta Warriors
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted