We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

Hi!

Flying through Heathrow tomorrow & i've filled everything out on the verifly app, but under the travel authorization section it asks for application reference number. i scanned that, it was accepted. then beneath it, it asks if i've been in a red list country, i clicked no & it asked for an arrival test reference number.

anyone have any idea what that is/what they're asking for?

33 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

i typed "neg" and it worked *shrug*

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
27 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

It's this, from their website section on transfer passengers. Without it, you shouldn't be allowed to board, as you are transiting through Heathrow.

"All international arrivals are required to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken no earlier than three days before departing for England. This applies to passengers transiting the UK.

If you are transiting through the UK to another international destination, you do not need to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on arrival or on day 2 and day 8; but you must present the following to your airline before departure:

Complete a Passenger Locator Form

Provde proof of a negative COVID-19 test (taken within three days of departure)

If you will be passing through Immigration, you need to do the following when you complete your passenger locator form:

Select ‘Stay in the UK’ under the “Your travel plans” section

Reply ‘No’ to any questions about whether you are required to complete COVID-19 tests on arrival

For passengers arriving from green or amber list countries: Reply ‘No’ to the question ‘Have you visited a Red List country within the past 10 days and/or are required by law to quarantine in a government approved facility?’

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
16 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

So the question to the OP is have you had a ( negative ) Covid 19 test because if you cannot provide evidence of that you most likely won't be boarding that flight to the UK tomorrow. I can't see that typing in the word "neg" when it specifically asks for a number is going to work.

Edited: 15 July 2021, 21:42
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

I might be missing something here but I'm not sure that Verifly is either a requirement OR an authority to enter the UK.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
28,478 posts
73 reviews
124 helpful votes
5. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

Has anyone see Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray? 🧐😉

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,327 posts
18 reviews
119 helpful votes
6. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

>>I might be missing something here but I'm not sure that Verifly is either a requirement OR an authority to enter the UK.<<

It isnt on either count.

Its a tool used by a number of the airlines to collect required Coivd related data. Aerlingus have a reasonable page on its use - basically you feed it data, it then lets you track in a separate lane at the airport.

If you dont use it or it errors out on you, you have to do the whole rigmarole at the checkin desk.

If you find a blind spot in it and they let you on the plane it doesnt mean Border Control won't spot the same hole.

Of course if you actually have the right paperwork that failure of the app is irrelevant once you reach the UK.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
16 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

Well the OP is due to arrive at Heathrow today and will hopefully post again to tell us how their journey went and what, if any. problems they faced. Others may find that information helpful so over to you GiannaG.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
27 reviews
43 helpful votes
8. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

The arrival test reference number is the number you are given when you book and pay for your day 2 and 8 covid tests (or only day 2 if a green country or after 19.07.21 for the fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before, your day 2 test) You need it for your passenger locator form.

If the OP is arriving today from the USA, which is still amber, they need to have booked day 2 and day 8 tests and have the booking reference number for the passenger locator form.

If they are transiting and not going through passport control, the pre-flight covid test is enough for the UK.

I used verifly for check in for a June flight to the USA and to return home on Monday.

It involved my taking photos of my covid test certificate in the UK as well as putting in address and flight details.

Coming back, I had to put in details of the test I had taken in the USA, the day 2 and day 8 tests I had booked in the UK and the QR code of my passenger locator form. When all the right bits were put in and my test certificate was "approved" I got a green tick.

It made check in much faster and easer as it was taken as an adequate substitute for hard copies which would have had to be studied at the counter.

When I came through passport control at Heathrow, they wanted hard copies of my test results and passenger locator form.

Edited: 17 July 2021, 06:05
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
27 reviews
43 helpful votes
9. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

And before I get jumped on for referring to the "fully vaccinated" I meant to say "UK residents who were fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks earlier by the NHS"

cubsfan0624
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Save

Hi, specific to the original question...we are just passing through Heathrow. I submitted our Covid tests and they were accepted. When I go to Travel Authrization, I completed the travel locator, I scan the QR code and it populated into the correct box. I check that I haven't been to any red countries. Now it won't let me submit without Arrival Test Reference Number. The number on my negative Covid test is too long and wont fit in the space (it stops typing). Any ideas?

Reply to: Verifly "Arrival Test Reference Number" ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.