We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
11 helpful votes
Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

Since I really have not seen an extensive report in quite some time, I will be posting on everything from covid testing to football match experiences.

54 replies to this topic
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

As with alot of people, this trip was planned 2 years ago. It was originally going to be Belgium for a week then London. This past year had to change to Amsterdam then London. Well since we are now a Red country for Amsterdam its an all London trip. Side note British Airways needs to completely rehaul their customer service department, not employees!

Nord-Pas-de-Calais...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

Thanks for the warning, I’ll be in Cuba when you arrive (and leave), there is little or no internet there!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
18,551 posts
42 reviews
109 helpful votes
3. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

Great idea, look forward to reading it. For which matches have you got tickets ?

Alabama
Level Contributor
164 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

Following! I have missed trip reports so much and am looking forward to reading.

England, United...
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
135 reviews
110 helpful votes
5. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

BA to myself and the wife is Better Avoid, if you fly economy customer service doesnt exist.

Airports sound pretty bad these days, would be interesting to start the trip report with how long getting through takes you.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
11,897 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

I like trip reports as long as you remember to write in paragraphs. Can't deal with yards of writing with no gaps !!!

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
7,171 posts
16 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

@Buzzard2000 Heathrow is fine if you can use the egates. You no longer have to show all your documents, it is done on a spot check basis. I came through in 20 minutes of landing in August. Last week my daughter and nephew came through in similar times. The problems seem to have been involving families who have to go through and actually queue up for a border control officer.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

If an acquaintance can get us the tix, BrentFord FC vs West Ham United.

Yes, I will post about all the details that people have questions for about flights, testing, wait times. We do have global entry, so might be a difference for us returning.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
11 helpful votes
9. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

I booked my pre flight covid test with CVS. Do it as soon as possible because dates went fast. The directions are to go the pharmacy drive thru, self swab both noses, put swab on vial and put everything in sealed plastic bag, drop in white box just past outdoor pharmacy window. Fingers crossed negative and get results back prior to Saturday.

Alabama
Level Contributor
164 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
10. Re: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Save

Hope you get your results back fast! Thankfully we don't have to do that step for our trip since it's after the changes take effect. I'm starting to think that I may take a rapid test just for myself anyway...I'd sure hate to travel all that way and end up with a positive test at the airport!

Reply to: Trip report London Sept. 26- Oct. 9
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.