We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
104 reviews
112 helpful votes
Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

We all know Premier Inn rooms all the same design and size(I hope guess right)

All you have other options of hotel. Our budget £100-110 per night

May I know which one in better location? We will catch the coach arrive at Victoria Coach station and spent 5 days in London. We had been London a few times, still like look around and see the Christmas Lighting for the first time. We arrive in first week of December

Thanks for your advice

12 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,936 posts
349 reviews
98 helpful votes
1. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

Check out the Premier Inn London Blackfriars it is a direct no change journey from Victoria.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/greater-london/london/london-blackfriars-fleet-street.html

Edited: 21 October 2021, 21:48
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
104 reviews
112 helpful votes
2. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

Thanks Jimmy

We stayed at Blackfriars one last time, you are right its very handy. Just this time would like for a change

I didn't realize need change journey for underground train for those location from Victoria

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
17,616 posts
34 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

Kings Cross is on the direct Victoria line but the coach station is a short distance from the underground station in the railway station

Southwark is on the Jubilee line which connects with the Circle and District lines at Westminster station.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
255 reviews
167 helpful votes
4. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

Have you priced up the London Waterloo, Westminster Bridge one,.

We stayed there for a changed from the St Pancras one, and loved the location so much that we re booked.

I have looked to stay at the Kings Cross one but always end up staying at the St. Pancras one. It is only the price that sways us.

We enjoy walkimg to Camden or to Granary Square. And being so close to St Pancras and Euston tube station.

To be honest I would stay at any that you mention. They are both good locations.

We have never had a problem with any Premier Inn.

Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
1 review
5. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

have you looked at getting off the coach at Finchley Road and getting the underground from there?

Hucknall, United...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
155 reviews
65 helpful votes
6. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

I have stayed at Borough High Street, Bankside and Blackfriars Premier Inns and they have all been great. Favourite was Bankside, I don't think it does breakfast though but lots of places nearby.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,936 posts
349 reviews
98 helpful votes
7. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

Another one to consider is Premier Inn Holborn, it is near the Central and Piccadilly lines and next to Covent Garden .

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
108,930 posts
440 reviews
364 helpful votes
8. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

We've stayed in Blackfriars and Old Street, and o be honest I'd be happy to try either Kings Cross or Southwark (Bankside). I think the former would be more of a transport hub for travelling around London, but the latter would be good for walking along the south bank.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
104 reviews
112 helpful votes
9. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

Thanks all response

Although I said early all Premier Inn room size should be the same. I recently to read some reviews some branch room size different than other! i know we come for city break not expect a huge room unless you pay over £200 per night! At least I don't want to stay a box size of room.

I like the Kings Cross lobby, I remember when we stayed at Blackfriars their lobby quite dark. Some reviews said Kinds Cross might noisy.

Anyway, I wish my Euro Lottery win tonight, make things much easy, hehe

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
108,930 posts
440 reviews
364 helpful votes
10. Re: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Save

We had a surprisingly large room in a slightly different layout to he norm in Blackfriars once. I suppose it's luck of the draw as, when we returned we had the usual PI room. On that second stay we were there for a week over Christmas. Maybe it's because it was usually dark outside at that time that we didn't feel that the lobby was overly gloomy.

Reply to: Premier Inn Southwark VS Kingcross
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.