We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stratford to Watford

Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
Stratford to Watford
Save

Hello.

What is the best to travel by train from Stratford to Watford,Vicarage road on Saturday the 4th of December around 15.00.

Thanks in advance.

Torben

9 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
1. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Stratford on Avon or Stratford in East London?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Well this is the London forum, so that's a clue...

As is the fact that West Ham have the early game (v Chelsea) and Watford the late game (v Man City) that day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
1 review
3. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Maybe, Stratford International to St Pancras, walk/tube to Euston, Euston to Watford Junction or Watford High St, walk to ground?

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
51 reviews
76 helpful votes
4. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Hmmm. Tickets have not yet gone on sale for the Watford game against Man City so I wonder how the OP plans to obtain one?

Torquay, United...
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
29,606 posts
45 reviews
38 helpful votes
5. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Another route - provided there is no engineering work - is London Overground from Stratford to Willesden Junction, change there for the London Overground service towards Watford Junction. Get off at Watford High Street as it is closer to the ground.

Touch in at a pink reader at Willesden Junction, this will save you money as it will prove that you haven't travelled through Zone 1.

You can also - again if there is no engineering work - take the Central Line or TfL Rail to Liverpool Street, and change to the Metropolitan Line - take the first Metropolitan Line train that comes in and if it isn't going to Watford, change again at Finchley Road (same platform). Watford Station (Metropolitan Line) is a short walk from the ground.

South Pole
Level Contributor
412 posts
6. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Wirewipe certainly cheaper as you are avoiding Zone 1 and ok if you have half a day to spare. I am not sure that the shorter walk from the High Street station pays off the mind numbinly slow journey as far as Watford. Met Line is also cheaper and may be not too much slower if it wasn't a long wait at Liverpool Street. I would still jump on a main line train at Stratford if one comes first as it is quicker to Liverpool Street (assuming they are running) where you to have to change anyway.

I would still go to Euston as I prefer 20 minutes or less to the slower Met Line but that is when you are doing a commute day in day out and the time adds up.

Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
7. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Thanks for the replies,about the ticket,i have previous booking history at Watford so i was hoping that i good be lucky enough to buy one,when they go on sale in November.

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
47,187 posts
51 reviews
76 helpful votes
8. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Torben,

As you probably know tickets for Group A go on sale next week with other groups following should there be any left. My instinct is that there will be some. I also assume you are signed up for alerts?

Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: Stratford to Watford
Save

Hi Adam.

Thanks,i am aware of the on sale dates but i was not aware of the alerts

Reply to: Stratford to Watford
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.