We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Airport Covid testing site

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
122 posts
12 reviews
3 helpful votes
Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

I know this isn’t a London question per se but are there no more testing sites at Heathrow now that Day 2 arrival test has changed to LFT? I couldn’t find anymore expresstest sites at T2 arrivals or T5 departure.

So all arrivals have to buy the home test kit now and self administer it?

12 replies to this topic
Tring, United...
Level Contributor
6,734 posts
117 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

From LHRs website, it woul d appear that there is also a drive through facility as well, which (from memory) is on the North side of the airport. However, for the test at home version, you need to download an app, which is only valid on UK registered devices - either IOS or Android. If you don't have one, you'll have to order a kit to be delivered to your UK address and return it to a Lab, who will issue the result. This can all be done via LHRs website with costs of £25, £35 or £65 , the more costly one being the one involving the Lab.

Edited: 24 October 2021, 22:53
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
66,342 posts
11 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

The Express Test website - which is a clunky thing - has taken its time to update airport locations for testing.

Although the rules changed as of 0401 this morning and it had been known for at least ten days that the rules were to change, the site had not updated to include any airport sites but Gatwick by 0500 BST today, but a few hours later it had added airports outside London and LHR T5.

https://www.expresstest.co.uk/ now allows booking at T2 arrivals, T3 forecourt, T5 arrivals, and other locations. Use the discount code BA21 to save £1.40 on the day zero to two LFT testing.

The site will send an email very quickly after the booking is made and indicates another email with the required QR code within 30 minutes - that second email was in my in box within about ten minutes after booking.

Those who'd like to have someone else perform the arrivals LFT swab may be interested in this clinic: https://www.dam-health.com/ with the KX, Mayfair, Shoreditch (in Hackney Road), Kilburn, Victoria, Clapham, and Fulham locations. A friend who is arriving next month has booked with the site and found it an easy process; the LFT tests are just £29.

South Pole
Level Contributor
415 posts
3. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

"it woul d appear that there is also a drive through facility as well, which (from memory) is on the North side of the airport."

I checked a week ago and there is a test facility in the T4 long stay car park which is on the south side.

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
6,734 posts
117 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

ah yes, forgot about that one! I don't go Southside very often lol

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
95 reviews
84 helpful votes
5. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

Thanks for the DAM Health link. I'm probably going to look into booking mine in clinic (don't know if I want to attempt an at home test) and would prefer to have it in town for later in the day after arrival so I don't have to anticipate how long immigration will take and not have to wait around a long time or miss the appointment time...

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
7,255 posts
16 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

In my experience of using Expresstest in Terminal 5 in August and October the appointment time did not matter. I was once early and once late.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
95 reviews
84 helpful votes
7. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

Oh that's great to hear about the booking time not really mattering. I'm assuming with the new antigen tests it would be a quick in and out anyways.

I know the average time I usually get out of immigration each time I go back so I can just use that as a guideline then. I was just hearing horror stories that the queue's were taking a long time in immigration now, and that's why I was concerned booking a set time. But this information is good to know...

Edited: 27 October 2021, 00:10
Florida
Level Contributor
771 posts
6 reviews
8 helpful votes
8. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

We arrived nearly an hour early for our appointment at Heathrow and it was no problem. (I had purposely booked it later in case immigration took a long time...it didn't.) This was a few weeks ago for a PCR test. There were maybe 2 people in front of us and we were in and out in less than 20 minutes.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
122 posts
12 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

I kept reading that in booking for a test using the expresstest site that they don’t accept US zip code as we normally write as they follow the British postal code style. For those who managed to get a booking, how did you write those 5-digit zip codes?

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
40 reviews
19 helpful votes
10. Re: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Save

Hope you don't mind my jumping in, but I have found the Expresstest link and want to book my test for my arrival in December. My flight arrives at 6.15am - how long is it currently taking to get through customs/immigration? Pre Covid arriving at that time of day it was always very busy, but not sure how busy it will be in the current travel climate. Are they going to turn me away if I'm very early or (more likely) very late for my booked slot?

Reply to: Heathrow Airport Covid testing site
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.