We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Secret Hotels?!

Cork
2 posts
Save Topic
Top Secret Hotels?!

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, greetings all!

I was just wondering if anybody could advise me on lastminute.com's 'top secret hotels' deals - are they actually legitimate?

Better still, could anyone help me identify which hotels these deals actually refer to?!

Elegant, deluxe 5-star hotel in West End - 5* - London

Thanks to its perfect location in the West End, this fine property is an ideal choice for those who want to catch up with London's rich cultural life or enjoy dining in fine restaurants and explore the city's exciting attractions. The hotel is elegantly decorated in a unique style with a blend of tradition and the finest of modern facilities. Guestrooms are spacious with every detail accounted for. This is a good deluxe hotel which conveys a very warm atmosphere.

Amazing Kensington Hotel - 5* - London

One of London's perfect gems, discreetly hidden in the heart of Kensington, yet only minutes away from the excitement of city life. Ideally located for Harrods, Harvey Nicholls, The Royal Albert Hall and Kensington Palace and Gardens. Once within the marble hall, the lavish opulence of the hotel's interior envelops the guest in a world of top class luxury

Pure luxury in the heart of Mayfair - 5* - London

This contemporary five star luxurious hotel is set in the middle of Londons West End. With the famous theatres and historic landmarks nearby, this hotel has a great location in central London. The spacious guestrooms and quality facilities are perfect for both the leisure and business traveller.

Stylish West End hotel with superb facilities - 5* - London

This boutique style hotel has a stunning central location. In the heart of the West End, ideal for business or seeing the sights of London, this property has a tranquil atmosphere and great facilities to make sure your stay is relaxing. This exquisitely decorated hotel is renowned for service and excellent dining. Guestrooms are traditionally elegant yet have the latest in modern facilities.

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Top Secret Hotels?!

The only thing I've ever noticed is that when they say 5*, it is usually a 4*, not that that is bad at all, just don't expect 5 and you won't be disappointed.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Top Secret Hotels?!

My husband and I went for one of the Last Minute secret hotels and we had the most fantastic stay in London. It was in the Dukes hotel and was far superior in it's service etc than the Savoy and other top hotels that we have stayed in. I would highly recommend taking the chance. I don't think you will be disappointed.

manchester
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Top Secret Hotels?!

Lastminute.com's Top Secret hotel deals are a total and utter rip off and a con. I've just returned from Paris where I booked a four star hotel for my wife's 30th birthday. I booked it through lastminute.com's Top Secret Deals - the information said it was in a central location, close to the Champs Elysee with direct access to the Eiffel Tower. It also said we'd have a deluxe suit with city view and balcony. When we arrived the hotel was in fact 35 minutes outside of central paris and 40 minutes from the Champs Elysee and Eiffel Tower by metro... requiring several changes. The hotel itself was no better than a travel lodge with basic room, and bathroom and our 'city view' looked out onto a building site with cranes and construction going on all day. I called Last minute to complain and they said "some people like hotels and some people don't", they said i had no come back. I'm still persuing this but needless to say it completely ruined the trip and DO NOT EVER BOOK ANYTHING WITH LASTMINUTE.COM AND CERTAINLY NOT THEIR TOP SECRET SECTION. IT IS A CON AND A RIP OFF.

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Top Secret Hotels?!

google "lastminute top secret hotels" & revealed / answer etc and it will bring up lots of lists.

This seems like one that's kept up to date

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html…

15. Re: Top Secret Hotels?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 13:16