We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wimbledon tickets- centre court, & ground?

Kuala Lumpur
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wimbledon tickets- centre court, & ground?

Hi, I went to the website and still do not understand the access one will have with the tickets. If I have a centre court ticket, does that mean I can only watch matches at the centre court, and not any other courts? What do I get to do with a ground ticket?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,231 reviews
from US$124.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
436 reviews
from US$103.70*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,066 reviews
from US$147.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$99.50*
sutton
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Wimbledon tickets- centre court, & ground?

most of the tickets at wimbledon are allocated well in advacne of the tournament

the tickets that are available are on a first come, first served basis which is why you sometimes see people sleeping outside the night before

London
Level Contributor
759 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wimbledon tickets- centre court, & ground?

Thanks everyone for the previous replies, we've decided to go Saturday morning and queue, but a friend has decided that we must all go for 5:30 in the hopes of getting a show court ticket. Is this a really stupid idea? Surely all show court tickets would be taken by overnight campers and by turning up at 5:30, we'll only end up with exactly the same ticket as if we turned up at 8? Or is there actually any hope of a show court ticket at 5:30?

ulster
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Wimbledon tickets- centre court, & ground?

I want to go to Wimbleton - what are good recommended seats

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wimbledon tickets- centre court, & ground?

>>>I want to go to Wimbleton - what are good recommended seats<<<

It doesn't matter because you can't choose (maybe you can if you are in the Royal Box? Who knows) and all seats on the same court, same day are the same price. Send off your stamped addressed envelope to Wimbledon before 15th December and hope that sometime in February or March you will be allocated some seats at random (which will NOT be in the Royal box, but could be anywhere else). You can't even choose which day you want to visit. The ballot is random.

Of course if you queue you can choose the day you attend, but as far as I know you just take the tickets available and be grateful in that case. No seating choice (except there is a special section for wheelchair users).

15. Re: Wimbledon tickets- centre court, & ground?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 13:18