We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Stanmore tube station

Barnsley_syorks
5 posts
Save Topic
Parking at Stanmore tube station

Is it possible to leave your car for a couple of days an go into Town via the tube?

Also would i get a space a 13:30 on a friday?

Barnsley_syorks
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Stanmore tube station

bump

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Stanmore tube station

see the link.

tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/…default.aspx

i'm afraid i do not know whether spaces would be available, but if north london is anything like south london, then unlikely as would of all been snaffled by commuters.

However, This is the map from Harrow council on where you can park in and around stanmore station. Looks like with a 5 min walk you should be able to park on the street. Please look at the overall map (2nd link) too, which seems to suggest there aren't any other zones you need worry about abutting B&H

harrow.gov.uk/downloads/…zone_b_and_h_map

harrow.gov.uk/downloads/…all_zones_map

London
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Stanmore tube station

You would be better off parking in Edgware, come down the M1 off at J4 and follow my directions as below. I live in this area.

Parts of Edgware DO have restrictions 7 days a week, and some until midnight with traffic wardens patrolling. But where I propose you park is aobut a 10 min walk to station, near where I live, and there are no restrictions at all.

Come off M1 at J4 go down to roundabout and take 2nd exit off (Green Lane), which has blocks of flats at top of road. Go down the road, until a turning on the right called Oakleigh Gardens, and park there. It is just before a width restriction. I can assure you this road is fine, failing that then turn right off that into Kings Drive and park there., no restrictions at all for parking at any time.

From Oakleigh Gardens walk back to Green Lane and turn right, walk right to the bottom of the road (looks longer than it is), and at the bottom turn left into Manor Park Crescent. Walk to top of the road, and turn left (this is Station Road, Edgware), and the tube station is about 200 yards down on the right.

If otherwise you want to park in the car park of The Broadwalk shopping centre, you have a choice of shoppers car park which costs a maximum of £8.00 a day, or the commuters car park which is £3.00 a day if you can get in. Entrance to both is the same way, and then it is marked to commuters one. I will give you more details if you want. From here it is a 3 min walk to tube station. To get to here, just continue to drive down Green Lane, at bottom turn left into Manor Park Crescent, at top of road, turn right into Station Road, at next set of lights turn left into shopping centre car parks.

If you require any more details please feel free to ask. I am not sure about parking in Broadwalk for 2 days., but on street parking in roads I have suggested you will be fine. Kings Drive should be OK if you cant find a space in Oakleigh Gardens.

At a good guess, I drive past Stanmore station every afternoon and the car park "full" sign is always up. There is no on street parking in Stanmore near the station which doesn't have restrictions on it.

Edgware tube is on the Northern line - and there are 2 branches depending on where your final destination is.

London
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Stanmore tube station

Meant to add that parking at Stanmore most weekends is not worth it as the Jubilee line more often than not is closed for engineering works on some or part of the line. That is another reason for suggesting Edgware.

5. Re: Parking at Stanmore tube station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 12:16