We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stonehenge Visit

India
Level Contributor
344 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Stonehenge Visit

I wish to visit stonehenge. I've already been to nearby places on tours. I wish to spend some time there and also touch the stones. Is that possible. How does one do it.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
London Black Taxi Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,919 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stonehenge Visit

Many, many threads on this forum about the Stonehenge inner circle tour, here's just one:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…15684309

Regards.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stonehenge Visit

I am afraid there are no special access slots now where you can walk among the stones until December at Stonehenge.

If touching the stones is important to you then go to Avebury henge instaed.

Actually I was ticked off the last time I was at Stonehenge Special Access by a zealous security guard. Evidently you are not allowed to touch the stones at Stonehenge if you look at the ticket conditions (though I think nearly everyone does)

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stonehenge Visit

handfordr - I was at a special access a couple of weeks ago, and yes, the security guys said that you could no longer touch the stones :-( I think they said it was because of others trying to take little bits.

I totally deny any accusation that I may have gone to the far side of the henge and 'accidentally-on-purpose' touched a stone out of devilment. ;-)

4. Re: Stonehenge Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 12:20