We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go?

NYC
4 posts
Save Topic
Where to go?

Hi all -

What is there to do - sightseeing wise - that's near Paddington? I'm getting in Tuesday morning, and going to store my bag there for the day, sight-see, and then head out to the Waterloo station to take a train.

Should I just go straight to the Waterloo station? Better stuff there?

I'm 24 years old, just looking to check stuff out.

Thanks!!

-Mike

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go?

At Waterloo Station, you are very close to the Thames and the SothBank Arts Centre- look for signs at the station to the Southbank Centre-Festival Hall-National Theatre- and in a few minutes you are on the Embankment, near the Festival Hall, with views across the river, a short walk to the London Eye, Westminster Bridge. All pedestrianised along the Embankment, a very pleasant stroll along the riverside.

Boston...
Level Contributor
948 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go?

I agree...there is more "stuff" to see near the Waterloo station, LOL.

Ambler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go?

Hi: If you're catching a train from Waterloo, then you may as well store your bag there for the day. Lots to see in that area compared to Paddington. Depending on your interests, Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliament are just across the river; Imperial War Museum, Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre are all on the South Bank. If you want to see the Tower of London, it's a couple of connections on the Tube.

4. Re: Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 13:17