We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Day Itinerary

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
156 posts
31 reviews
Four Day Itinerary

I have four full days and one half day (Monday 29/08 half day - Friday) in London. Below are the attractions I wish to visit.

I've tried to put it into some kind of order but am not familiar with the area and am not sure how much time an attraction will tend to take.

In term's of my travelling style, I like to fit a lot into one day so for the museums/galleries I would ultimately be looking at doing one of the quick tours and then moving on to the next thing.

Is anyone familiar with the city able to put the following into some kind of order (in terms of area, opening times etc). It would be greatly appreciated :)

- The National Gallery (Trafalgar Square), lunch at Five Guys & then a visit to Buckingham Palace.

- Big Ben, Westminster Abbey & Palace of Westminster

- Tower Bridge, St Pauls Cathedral (Climb the dome) & Tower of London (Food at the Mayflower)

- Thursday or Friday: Borough Market (Food – Duck confit sandwich Thursday or Friday) > Tate Modern > Southbank

- Camden Market (Preferably visit on a weekday) (Food – Kerb Market), Cereal Killer Café

- Portobello Road Markets (Saturday - Notting hill)

- Brick Lane

- Theatre performance - Les Miserables – Visit Tkts Leicester square for cheap tickets

Some Food places we’d like to fit in :)

- Ben’s Cookies

- Beef Bagel (Brick Lane)

- Sketch Afternoon tea ($$)

- Harrods (Chocolates in food court)

- Fish and Chips – any recommendations

- Brick Lane Curry

Thanks in advance

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,716 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Four Day Itinerary

- Tower Bridge, St Pauls Cathedral (Climb the dome) & Tower of London (Food at the Mayflower

<< Change this around and make the Tower of London your first place of the day at opening time (check their website for when that is). Go directly to the Crown Jewels before crowds build up, then outside to join a Yeoman Warder tour (included) and then see the remainder of the site.

St. Paul's - make sure this isn't a Sunday as its not open to tourists then.

You could then head over to Tate Modern from St. Paul's. >>

Les Miserables regularly sells out and has no need to discount, so I wouldn't count on obtaining tickets for them from Tkts.

Fish 'n chips - I tend to head to Masters Super Fish on Waterloo Road. Closed Sundays.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
156 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Four Day Itinerary

Thanks for the help. Will take that onboard.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Four Day Itinerary

I suggest that you go to the Queens Theatre website now, browse through the availability for the days you are here and select your seat. Watch out that some of the few still available will be restricted view but the website will advise if you click on one of those. You can collect your tickets from the box office when you are here so choose that option as you book.

4. Re: Four Day Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2017, 12:18