We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
53 reviews
139 helpful votes
Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central
Save

Hi All,

Im back with another question. Looking at Coventry on Google Earth Street View it appears that the front door to the Travelodge is only accessibly by Taxi or bus's and no cars are allowed.

So as I have to unload a person, suitcase and a bicycle off the bike rack what do I do? Im parking over in the multistorey of the shopping centre out the back but I dont want to have to wheel a bike, suitcase down the lift and through the shopping centre but I will if I must.

Any advice from locals?

Thanks.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
48 reviews
143 helpful votes
1. Re: Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central
Save

The front of the hotel (Broadgate) is taxis and buses only from the end of April, and I saw a sign last week warning of camera enforcement.

However, if you go past the entrance to the West Orchard multi-storey car park circular ramp, 100 yds. further on there is a rear entrance to the hotel for dropping off.

Edited: 12 years ago
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
53 reviews
139 helpful votes
2. Re: Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central
Save

Thanks,

I saw that on Google Earth but I thought it was a loading bay for the Shopping Centre.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
48 reviews
143 helpful votes
3. Re: Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central
Save

I have been there specially to check for you today.

Love your Tripadvisor friends!

If you follow signs for "West Orchards" spiral car park ramp, and if you by-pass it on your right, you will meet a dead end with a big Travelodge sign.

My satnav only says "Ironmonger Row"

That's the entrance.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
53 reviews
139 helpful votes
4. Re: Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central
Save

Thanks very much.

That's very decent of you and not something you needed to do for a stranger but they are the joys of Tripadvisor I guess.

Fantastic information. I feel much better now because having the bike on the back of the car is a bit of a difficult task to lug around as the last time we were in the UK it was stolen off the back of the car.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
48 reviews
143 helpful votes
5. Re: Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central
Save

And in Coventry anything is liable to disappear from the back of your car...........

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
53 reviews
139 helpful votes
6. Re: Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central
Save

Nice to know. :-)

Never leave anything on show anyway. The only tinhg that will be on display is the bike rack which will be dismantled and thrown on the back seat. Sat Nav(incl holder) will be tucked away in the glovebox along with anything else that isnt screwed onto the car.

I learned from experience in Hastings years back. Guard dog my a** !!

How secure is the shopping centre multistorey? The images on Google earth look like anybody can just stroll on in 24 hours a day or am I totally wrong and there is something I cannot see?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
48 reviews
143 helpful votes
7. Re: Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central
Save

I think there's attendants and cameras everywhere so you should be OK.

8. Re: Parking / Dropping off at Travelodge Central

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.