We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

decent cafe for breakfast

Acton, United...
Level Contributor
888 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
decent cafe for breakfast
Save

Hi all,my son starts at Coventry Uni in a couple of weeks and we are having to ferry his gear up on the Saturday.As it is freshers week we dont envisage seeing him after we have got him sorted into his halls,but we will still be staying the night.

Our only demand is that he meets us for breakfast on the Sunday morning,before we leave,so a decent centrally situated caff for a fry up is the order of the day.

We are staying in the Britannia hotel,Faifax Street,Cathedral Square and our son is also very central in friary halls of residence

thanks in advance

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
727 reviews
717 helpful votes
1. Re: decent cafe for breakfast
Save

I'm not sure where is open on a Sunday morning TBH. There is the deli diner http://www.thedelicov.com/the_deli_diner.html near to the university. If you walk up the road from Priory (I assume that where you mean when you wrote friary) hall away from the bus staion towards the herbert art gallery then it is on the road you will come out on if you keep going.

Acton, United...
Level Contributor
888 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: decent cafe for breakfast
Save

Thanks very much Gecko.Yes i did mean to write Priory but must have been thinking of the fry up i was after.Your suggestion might do the trick as we dont want to waste time hunting for anywhere.

Any idea of a nice qiuet Pub in the locallity,as we will be having a few drinks ourselves on the Saturday night.Normally we would walk around and check out a few places but unfortunately the other half decided to break a bone in her foot last weekend and is now struggling on crutches.We would be happy to get a taxi a little further afield if there was somewhere worth it.

Thanks in advance

Hoopsman

UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
3. Re: decent cafe for breakfast
Save

Could pop into Wetherspoons for breakfast, its opposite where your staying.

Acton, United...
Level Contributor
888 posts
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
4. Re: decent cafe for breakfast
Save

Hi skicov,Our lad is well and truly settled in now but we did actually use the Wetherspoons in the end as it was convenient. Thanks

Hoopsman

5. Re: decent cafe for breakfast

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.