We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
69 helpful votes
New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

Has anyone stayed at the newly opened Premier Inn in the old Technical College in The Butts and what is it like pros & cons?

Hinckley
Level Contributor
123 posts
82 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

I have. I have yet to review, but will in the next few days. This is brief...

A quick summary. Good location just 10 mins walk outside city. Rooms large. There was no view from my window as the lower panes of glass in the window were frosted. A few teething issues with some of the processes, but staff dealt with problems well....in fact staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

I guess the only con is having to go under or over the ring road to get to town. Some may not like the idea of using the underpasses at night. the alternative is to use the pedestrian crossings an brave the traffic.

I would happily stay again, however like all PI's there is a limit to the price I would pay before I felt it was no longer good value...

Any questions, get in touch.

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
69 helpful votes
2. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

Although hotel address says 53 The Butts the driveway entrance is in Albany Rd isn't it ? Parking is always an issue at most 'town' PI's they either don't have a car park or if they do it's £9 a night to park. Here it seems it's the same? The PI at The Belgrade city centre also charges about £9 a night to park. Do you know at PI The Butts if you can park for free in the Cov Rugby Club car park right next door?

Hinckley
Level Contributor
123 posts
82 reviews
96 helpful votes
3. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

I left the car at home when I visited so cannot comment on how much it costs to park. I can confirm there is no free parking, and you are encouraged to park in the multi storey next door for which there is a charge.

I don't know Coventry that well...I didn't even know that Coventry RFC was next door!

For the record, I see there is a review of the hotel on this site where one customer was very unhappy at the parking charges.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

There are no major parking restriction's around the PI, you can park for free just across the road in one of the side street's, only about a minutes walk. Not sure about the rugby club parking, I think it is open all night, but there is a road next to the club you can park in.

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
69 helpful votes
5. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

Thanks Rob, that's very useful to know. A lot of contributors on TA will complain about high parking charges (I'm one of them I hate to be gouged for 9 quid on top of the room rate) but won't even attempt to look for something free nearby. Your comments are very useful thank you. I guess you are talking about Sovereign Row (next to the Rugby Club) and Windsor Street (opposite across The Butts).

Kenilworth
Level Contributor
412 posts
37 reviews
31 helpful votes
6. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

I'd recommend you park in Albany Road or one of the streets off it. Best to avoid Windsor Street if parking overnight as it is a slightly rougher area. (apologies to those who live there but I don't know how to put it a different way), For a similar reason if you are walking into town I'd go via Queens Road rather than Windsor St/ Meadow St.

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
69 helpful votes
7. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

Thanks JVB the only problem is that parking on Albany Rd's side streets is restricted to Residents Only & I don't see any overnight parking spaces outside this scheme. Coventry council's web site confirms the residents parking restrictions are 24 hours a day. You will get a ticket if you park there.

Edited: 10 years ago
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
18 helpful votes
8. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

Just a quick update, I was driving out of Coventry the other day and drove into the Rugby club carpark. There is no barrier in place, and I don´t see how you can be stopped from parking at night, also as you are aware it´s right next to the hotel, so if I were you I´d just park their.

Hinckley
Level Contributor
123 posts
82 reviews
96 helpful votes
9. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

I would check whether there aren't any signs (which may not be well displayed) warning that "Illegally parked cars will be clamped..." or words to that effect....

Clamping. Was there ever a more dishonest "trade?"

corby
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
24 helpful votes
10. Re: New Premier Inn - Earlsdon The Butts
Save

We stayed on the 26th August 2012 we were very lucky as the multi storey parking machines were out of order and was able to park for free. But we did find alternative free parking on a nearby side street. I agree the parking charges were very expensive considering you have a 10-15 minute walk to the City Centre. The hotel itself in a lovely big building the rooms were very good but we had no view. The staff were excellent and made you feel very welcome. We did have breakfast in the morning and it is one of the best breakfasts I have had in a premier inn the bacon was very tasty and not the normal cheap bacon. The sausages where the the best sausages I have tasted, all breakfast food was of a very high standard. The 2 ladies who were on duty on the day we went were excellent they made sure everyone's requirements were met. Before I left I even I felt it necessary to speak to the Manager on how well the 2 ladies were in breakfast that morning. I don't think I will be back again but this is not because of the hotel but of Coventry it self. If I do need to go back to Coventry I would stay here.

© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.