We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsor castle luggage

1 post
Save Topic
Windsor castle luggage

Hello,

I have made train arrangements for Windsor palace, not knowing there were no luggage storage services in the train station. Where do I put my luggage? I plan to leave London in the morning to Windsor, see Windsor palace and get on a train at 12:34 to bath.

Mentioned in this post
Windsor
Windsor
Windsor and Maidenhead, UK
London
London
England, UK
Scenic Thames Riverboat Return...
70 Reviews
US$13 per adult
Windsor Independent Day Trip from...
20 Reviews
US$60 per adult
Windsor Castle Admission with...
68 Reviews
US$69 per adult
Free Cancellation
3 replies to this topic
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,680 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsor castle luggage

It might be a lot easier to visit Windsor Castle as a day trip from London, and go straight to Bath the day you want to do that.

There is no luggage storage in Windsor, but the Castle website now says it can store luggage in a secure cloakroom in the China Museum, HOWEVER any luggage you want to store there will have to fit through the airport style security scanners, and thus needs to be carry on sized. If it does not fit you are just flat out of luck.

This is a departure from the past, in that Windsor Castle used to outright say they did not have facilities for luggage storage.

More info here:

https:/…security

Mentioned in this post
Windsor Castle
Windsor Castle
10,716 Reviews
Windsor, UK
London
London
England, UK
Windsor
Windsor
Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
9,763 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windsor castle luggage

Given you can’t go direct from Windsor to Bath- see if travelling from, back to and then onwards via Paddington fits your timing- there is a left luggage operation at Paddington. Not the most efficient trip - but it works?

Mentioned in this post
Windsor
Windsor
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,680 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsor castle luggage

Well, there are two changes--at Slough, where, if the OP arrives from Paddington Station, they will have to chage to get to Windsor, and another at Reading.

But the time is much the same from Windsor, as if they took a train from Paddington with no stops to Bath--both are about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

But I agree, just for the convenience factor, and not having to lug bags to and from the train, I would do Windsor as a day trip on a different day than OP's trip to Bath.

Mentioned in this post
Slough
Slough
Berkshire, UK
Paddington Station
Paddington Station
1,192 Reviews
London, UK
Windsor
Windsor
Reply to: Windsor castle luggage