We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on how to get to Gower

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Question on how to get to Gower

Hello -

We are staying at Kings head Inn in Gower for 1 night in July. I have been told to take the train from London ( which is where I will be starting from ) to Swansea and then take a taxi.

Is that the best way or is there a car rental option available ? If so what would be the cost to rent a mid size car for 1 day (2 adults and 2 kids ) . Do we even need a car when we get to Kings heads inn or can we walk to places nearby ?

Thanks,

Saumya

Mentioned in this post
Kings Head Inn
Kings Head Inn
189 Reviews
Llandovery, UK
Oldwalls Gower
Oldwalls Gower
315 Reviews
Oldwalls, UK
London
London
England, UK
Swansea
Swansea
Swansea County, UK
6 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,153 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on how to get to Gower

Car would give you a lot more flexibility.

"If so what would be the cost to rent a mid size car for 1 day"

Try some car hire firms and see. Bear in mind the kids will need car seats unless over 11 or over 135cm tall.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,909 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on how to get to Gower

There are car rental companies in Swansea, and I agree that having a vehicle is very useful for exploring Gower. However, I'm not sure it's worthwhile for such a short visit. You aren't going to have a great deal of time to look around, and apart from getting there and back, I'd suggest you stick to the immediate area in the time you do have in Llangennith. It's a nice place.

Mentioned in this post
Swansea
Swansea
Swansea County, UK
Oldwalls Gower
Oldwalls Gower
315 Reviews
Oldwalls, UK
Llangennith
Llangennith
Swansea, UK
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on how to get to Gower

Thank you . What are some of the car firms in that area - if they have websites that would be helpful .

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,909 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on how to get to Gower

I think that ther eis a branch of Enterprise just outside the city centre. A Google search will probably reveal more. I don't use rentals mysefl as I have my own car.

Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on how to get to Gower

you will thoroughly enjoy love the place!! A taxi would work out very expensive as its quite a way from the town, have you rang the kings head for advice?

hope this helps!! enjoy your stay there is no place like Gower.

Mentioned in this post
Oldwalls Gower
Oldwalls Gower
315 Reviews
Oldwalls, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on how to get to Gower

sorry realized old walls which is further again....another lovely place...contact them I'm sure they will be most help!

Reply to: Question on how to get to Gower
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted