We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King's Car Hire

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
42 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
King's Car Hire

Hi.

We need to hire a car from Belfast International airport for 2 weeks in Aug./Sept. We have seen a FEW reviews on this company....all very favourable.....but can't really find out too much about them!!

I have looked at most of the well-known hire companies but their lists of additions/extras etc can be confusing. Kings seem to offer a "one price-all included-no extras" price which is not the cheapest but seems a good deal.

Any comments/advice would be great,please, before I bite the bullet and book!!

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: King's Car Hire

To be honest this is a new one on me, never heard of them before, but just on a personal level, I would tend to go for one of the more established companies who are based on site.

County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: King's Car Hire

First I've heard of them also. New firm trying to get into an established market, good luck to them.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: King's Car Hire

Hello Andpaul, I hope you got a good deal and enjoy your trip. I've come to this very late as I was just looking up King's Car Hire / King's Self Drive (the same) myself. I haven't used them for a few years, but used them several times in the couple of years previously to that. From both Belfast International (Antrim) and the Belfast City airport. I've not used them from Derry. We found them good value, friendly and efficient. No catches not hidden charges. I've always recommended them since. Kiron Reid, Liverpool.

County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: King's Car Hire

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: King's Car Hire

Great to hear the car hire firm worked out and their trip was a success. Many thanks, Tony S. In case others find this thread via Google etc. first, the link does what it says on the tin, a very good review of King's Car Hire (which matches my own experience previously) by Andpaul. Car hire is especially expensive in Northern Ireland and the possible extra charges can be intimidating (though I've never had a bad experience with firms I've used) so nice to hear of a positive experience:

"We have just returned from 10 days in N.I. and having spent many hours deliberating and checking prices,terms etc for various better-known car hire companies, I settled on KINGS CAR HIRE ANTRIM..........and I am delighted with our choice!!"

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: King's Car Hire

They are excellent. We hired a car from them for a week this October (2017) at Belfast International Airport. Avoid the alarming conditions and hidden costs of the big car-hire companies. The price was absolutely fair. Both collection and drop-off worked flawlessly, and the car was immaculate. Also people are friendly and obliging. Highly recommended.

Reply to: King's Car Hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Northern Ireland