We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thursday night in the city

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Thursday night in the city

Hi we are coming Thursday and Friday before we drive to see friends in Letterkenny (staying at the Hilton) On the Friday night we plan on doing the cathedral rd. any advice on where to Thursday night? Preferably with live music and craic

Cheers

5 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thursday night in the city

Hi Debbie,

By Cathedral Road, I assume you mean Cathedral Quarter, in which case you can't go wrong. I suggest you start off by parking yourself in somewhere like Muriels on Church Lane for a few gins, then head into the Cathedral Quarter itself across the road where you can't go wrong.... National, Burts, Spaniard, Merchant, Dirty Onion, Black Box, Duke of York are all notable hostelries and if you want to end up somewere with a bit of music and craic then the Harp Bar is where it's at.

Bit of a dander from the Hilton but there should be plenty to explore on the way.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thursday night in the city

Yes that's what I meant - sorry should have made myself clearer as that is what we are doing on the Friday night so we need something for the Thursday night.

Thanks

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thursday night in the city

Ah right... I get you. I should have read more carefully. So, still plenty of options... you could pop to the Linen Quarter where there's loads of bars as well, like Sweet Afton, Ritas, Chinawhite and the Perch which has a quaint rooftop cocktail bar, or you could try up the Dublin Road a bit for places like Marcus Ward, Filthy McNasty's, Gallery etc. Again you can't really go wrong. If you're a real muzo, the nearby Limelight is a great spot for established and new live acts alike.

For a bit of music and bantz, Robinsons/Fibber Magees is an old favourite which will almost certainly have some sort of live music going on. I'm not particularly up on that scene so maybe others might be able to help out.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thursday night in the city

Aww thanks so much you are teaching me something new now as I've never even heard of the linen quarter - will check it out!

Cheers

County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thursday night in the city

Fibber Magees is the place to go. :-)

Reply to: Thursday night in the city
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted