We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Recommendations

Illinois
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Recommendations

Hello... I am considering a trip that would include Ireland, Scotland and England for my husband and myself next year. For the first time ever, I’d like to think about going with a tour, and I don’t know much about that. Our travel style is not extravagant, but does tend to lean toward luxury. Can someone please recommend some companies to look into?

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
England
England
United Kingdom
7 replies to this topic
Los Alamos, New...
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Recommendations

Check out Rabbies tours. They get excellent reviews

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Recommendations

Do you mean a fully guided tour of all these countries or tours within each one? The former will be very expensive compared to doing it yourself.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Recommendations

Check out CIE Tours, excellent reviews, almost entirely all inclusive, lots of itineraries. We leave at the end of June for a 14 day tour of England, Scotland and Ireland, fly into London and fly home to Canada from Dublin. Can’t wait!

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
London
London
England, UK
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Maryland
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Recommendations

Sorry, but the reviews of CIE tours are mostly horrid, with the odd occasional positive review from posters with very minimal posts, ie suspect.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Recommendations

Yikes! I am reading the reviews on their own website, they may be vetting them to include only positive? Please, where can I go to read CIE reviews other then their own website?

Maryland
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Recommendations

On the Scotland page, or any country, Ireland, England, etc just type in CIE Tours in the Search box just above the questions portion of this page. When you get to the results, on the right side click on Date as opposed to Relevance.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
England
England
United Kingdom
Maryland
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Recommendations

The most reported complaints seem to be -

1- ASAP after full payment, hotels were switched to less than desirable substitutes in star class, locations, food, cleanliness, facilities, really every aspect.

2-Itinerary changes affecting the entire trip, drive bys instead if visits, eliminations of attractions, etc etc.

3-The terms and conditions clearly say in small print they have the right to make changes but they dont impost that until you are fully paid and financially committed.

Reply to: Tour Recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted