We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time solo trip to - Scotland

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
First time solo trip to - Scotland

Hello I'm a 23 years old student, and due to some 'logistic' issues i might be forced to travel alone for the first time.

I would to take a short trip during my holiday from college.

I was doing some research and Ireland is looking very promissing.

Solo trip in mid Octotber, for duration of 7-10 days.

I'm looking for a place that has:

1.Friendly locals

2. Some sightseeing to do

3.Night life

4.Good food

5.Interesting activities

6. Possibly road trip in the country side

As far as i know Scotland is safe and the hotels and accommodations should be clean.

But I'm more concern about the friendliness of the locals ...

I would like to get some advice about Scotland and your opinions if it would suit my needs.

Thanks in advance.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time solo trip to - Scotland

There are many companies offering day tours, many of them using minibuses or small coaches making the journey more 'personal'. Rabbies and Timberbush regularly get mentions on TA. ALso look up Haggis Adventures, and Hairy Coo.

12. Re: First time solo trip to - Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 13:20