We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Night Romantic Break

Cumbria,UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
2 Night Romantic Break

Hi

I am looking to book a 2 night break for my husband and myself in Feb 07. My husband will have just finished his busiest time of year and we want some adult time now we can 'just about' leave the kids on their own - can you ever leave kids in your house on their own!!!!

We would like a bit of luxury but not totally over the top and have some nice walks in the hotels grounds if poss.

Any ideas would be grateful - travelling from Cumbria so 2/3 hours travelling would probally be enough.

Thanks Jay

Mentioned in this post
Cumbria
Cumbria
England, UK
The Chester Residence
The Chester Residence
#1 of 150 hotels in Edinburgh
Windlestraw
Windlestraw
#1 of 1 hotels in Walkerburn
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 hotels in Dulnain Bridge
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
24,561 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Night Romantic Break

Have a look at www.cromlixhouse.com havn't stayed there but had a great meal/evening in December the hotel looks lovely as are the grounds.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Night Romantic Break

Hi Jay

The Seamill Hydro is a lovely hotel on the Ayrshire Coast with stunning grounds and views of Arran for some rest and relaxation.

We got married there and none of our guests wanted to leave!

http://www.seamillhydro.co.uk/

Good luck and have a great break!

Mentioned in this post
Seamill Hydro
Seamill Hydro
1,697 Reviews
West Kilbride, UK
Ayrshire
Ayrshire
Scotland, UK
Isle of Arran
Isle of Arran
Scotland, UK
Glasgow
Level Contributor
798 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Night Romantic Break

I'd suggest this one;

http://www.montgreenanhotel.com/ which is within your time scale Jay, being about 30 minutes from the M8 in the North Ayrhsire Country side.

We stayed at the Burnhouse Manor, a hotel just up the road but called into the Montgreenan after we checked out yesterday morning and wished that we had chosen it.

We got there just after 10.30 and even at that time they had 2 lovely big log fires burning - one in the library and the other in the bar (not yet open of course!!). We sat in the library over a pot of coffee with books and the Sunday papers on our laps. No one troubled us, although there were two couples in to have a look at it as Wedding venue (ideal I'd have thought!) . We looked at the restaurant, at Saturday night's menu and kicked ourselves metaphorically speaking once again!! The menu looked gorgeous and the seating and setting is stylish and romantic.

The prices quoted on the board outside were £70 each or £87.50 for a standard or superior double respectively not incl dinner. Not cheap no, but then again you can be pretty sure that you'll have a lovely time. Comments in the Visitors' book were glowing.

We plan to go there for our next treat!

Have a lovely time wherever you go.

PS Yes I know, you CAN'T ever leave them can you?????? Worth the risk though!!

Mentioned in this post
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
Burnhouse Manor Hotel
380 Reviews
Burnhouse, UK
Cumbria,UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Night Romantic Break

Thanks for the ideas.

Will look up all the websites and check them out.

Thanks again..

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Night Romantic Break

Just a note for any reader looking into Montgreenan. We visited the hotel in April 2008 only to find it closed for renovations.

6. Re: 2 Night Romantic Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 13:29