We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid this horrid hose

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid this horrid hose

THE OLD MANSE - MINARD - INVERARAY – ARGYLL

http://www.lhhscotland.com/property?id=13

This is a big house, set on a beautiful loch. It has huge grounds and is well equipped. Lots of rooms, good mattresses with electric blankets (nice), Sky TV, two living rooms. Its near many attractions, and a main road, but is sufficiently set back that you can’t hear it.

However, there are also some negatives.

The house is crammed from floor to ceiling with antiques, nick-nacks, magazines, souvenirs and endless junk. Its not a rental house, it’s someone’s home, jam packed with their own junk. We found this unpleasant and uncomfortable.

There is twice as much furniture as needed, thick old carpets & rugs everywhere. The painted shut windows mean little ventilation. Its really smells. This is dust mite heaven. If you suffer allergies, or don’t like musty, damp houses, this is not for you.

Although this is advertised as a big house, it is so full of junk and furniture, that it becomes small. Its not nice to stay in the home of a collecto-maniac.

This is not a beautiful area of Scotland. There are tree plantations everywhere, making it dark. If you’re looking for beauty, landscapes and light, you have to drive for at least an hour.

It should be a nice place to stay, but we did not like it at all. In fact, it is the worst house we have ever stayed in. We did not enjoy staying in a warehouse packed with someone else’s junk, and our allergies flared up from the dust mites. The house is dark, cramped and musty not a pleasant place to relax in. It ruined the holiday.

If you are not planning to spend much time there, it would be fine. Though with the weather is so unpredictable, that may not be something to plan on.

I strongly recommend you stay somewhere else.

Mentioned in this post
Inveraray
Inveraray
Argyll and Bute, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Avoid this horrid hose

Bizarre!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Avoid this horrid hose

"I guess there are a lot of people with time on their hands and nothing to do."

sounds like you've got a bit of a boring life yourself t8769....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Avoid this horrid hose

I feel sorry for people who's lives are so empty, that they have nothing better to do than leave rude messages on this website. There are some sad people in this world.

I left this review in the hope that it would help

others avoid haivng their holliday ruined.

I hope that others will find it useful.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Avoid this horrid hose

It does indeed look like a fabulous house in a fabulous location:

http://www.lhhscotland.com/property?id=13

I would be interesting to know what other people think of it.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
21 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Avoid this horrid hose

Yet again T8769 you are doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing - being rude to your fellow posters. You have already had one post removed because of this.

Surely from the fact that there are no posts supporting your comments you must realise that your original post was bizarre? Maybe you did not put over what you found wrong with the property very well in your original post. But it would appear your only real complaint about this property is the damp. The location, decor, furniture, etc. may not have been to your taste but are hardly reason to warn people to stay away. We all like different things and whenever you book a holiday it is a case of you pay your money and take your chance.

Finally please don't feel sorry for me, my life is not empty. I do have other things to do but among those things I enjoy visiting Tripadvisor, gaining information and, when possible, offering my experiences to others who ask for it.

argyll, scotland
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Avoid this horrid hose

Very strange post to be honest.

I live up in mid argyll and i honestly think your the first person i have heard say something negative about the area, everyone who comes up here usually raves about the scenery.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,359 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Avoid this horrid hose

Errr

Surely "Horrid Hose" is a pair of tights that you have forgotten to wash for over 1 week....................................!!

18. Re: Avoid this horrid hose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 12:28
Get answers to your questions about Inveraray
Recent Conversations