We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fernpoint Hotel - still open?

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Fernpoint Hotel - still open?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Fernpoint hotel is still open for business? The website has been down for a couple of weeks and I haven't got an answer on the couple of occasions I have tried to phone.

Rudha-Na-Craige
Rudha-Na-Craige
#1 of 14 B&Bs / Inns in Inveraray
Newton Hall Guest House
Newton Hall Guest House
#2 of 14 B&Bs / Inns in Inveraray
Creag Dhubh
Creag Dhubh
#3 of 14 B&Bs / Inns in Inveraray
London, United...
Level Contributor
33,223 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fernpoint Hotel - still open?

It might be worth calling the local tourist office for Inverary (or Argyll).

I tried to go there at Christmas, but it was shut (which isn't that unusual in Scotland at Christmas). I stayed at the George, instead, which was great. I wandered round to see the Fernpoint, but couln't tell if it was closed for holidays or refurbishment or what.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
1,389 Reviews
Inveraray, UK
Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fernpoint Hotel - still open?

Thanks for your rely peterscot! The hotel has been closed for refurbishment. I've since booked The George.

Mentioned in this post
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
1,389 Reviews
Inveraray, UK
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fernpoint Hotel - still open?

Further to your enquiry I recently stayed at The George Hotel and discovered that they have actualy purchased The Fernpoint. The Fernpoint is to be refurbished with, I understand, living accommodation for the family together with a number of letting bedrooms. There will be a covered walk way joining The Fernpoint and The George.

JL Advisor

Mentioned in this post
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
1,389 Reviews
Inveraray, UK
Scotland
Level Contributor
259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fernpoint Hotel - still open?

the Fernpoint has been bought and refurbished by the clark family of the George Hotel. Now renamed 'The First House, inverary' with a website of the same name.

and another plus point.....breakfast is taken in 'The George!!

Mentioned in this post
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
1,389 Reviews
Inveraray, UK
5. Re: Fernpoint Hotel - still open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 15:38
Get answers to your questions about Inveraray
Recent Conversations