We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

George Hotel Inverary

St. Andrews...
Level Contributor
152 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
George Hotel Inverary

I've been visiting the George for years, mainly for bar suppers after a days walking, always enjoyed the food & excellent beer. My only gripe in days gone by , was that it was a bit smoky. I really looked forward to the smoking ban. So, last month, we paid our first visit this year for a late bar lunch, got a drink, ordered our lunch [very quickly, as we were literally followed around by a barmaid while we decided where to sit & who pressed menus on us before we had our jackets off], - & then one of the bar staff produced a can of polish & proceeded to start cleaning the tables. I have to say the ait pollution was worse than the smoke of old. 2 ladies at the next table who seemed to be having a working business lunch complained & were advised to move....we just left. I have to say if it was my 1st visit I wouldn't go back, as it is I'll give it another chance, but it was very disappointing.

Mentioned in this post
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
1,363 Reviews
Inveraray, UK
St. Andrews...
Level Contributor
152 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: George Hotel Inverary

Another update...a flying visit in glorious weather (yesterday) food and ale excellent, seemed a bit understaffed for a Bank Holiday weekend, I felt sorry for the waiting staff racing around.

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: George Hotel Inverary

Glad to hear you enjoyed your last visit, but what is it about the waiting staff, i honestly can not understand why the owners have not got this down to

a fine art by now....not as bad as the fernpoint though....off to turnberry now cheers

St Andrews
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: George Hotel Inverary

Another visit over New Year - Mega Busy!!! good as ever though, and we thought the Christmas decorations were the best we'd seen! The receptionist said some people visit at this time of year just to see them & I can well believe it.

14. Re: George Hotel Inverary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 12:21
Get answers to your questions about Inveraray
Recent Conversations