We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
130 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

My husband and l be finishing a Scotland Highland trip after 11/12 days. I'm trying to convince my husband to take the train from Oban to Edinburgh and fly on EasyJet to Prague for 4/5 days before returning back to Edinburgh/Glasgow to fly back to the US. We have about a week to travel after our 2nd trip to Scotland and Prague has always been somewhere I've wanted to visit. I've discovered that a round trip ticket from Edinburgh to Prague is currently $400 on EasyJet for 2 tickets. We would need to return to Scotland since I'm thinking that we should book our one-way ticket back via Scotland since the airfares for Prague to US seem much higher than Icelandair Glasgow to Newark. It seems like a lot of planning but getting from Oban back to Edinburgh flying out to Prague then returning to Edinburgh then on to Glasgow for our final departure to the US should be doable for a couple in our late fifties? Just typing this seems exhausting! Any thoughts or recommendations for our last leg of a trip to UK/Europe? Thanks in advance.........

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Oban
Oban
Argyll and Bute, UK
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Europe
Europe
World
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
12,714 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

Abell, I would suggest you change your News provider to the BBC!

The Refugee Crises is happening now!!! Never mind next Spring!!!!

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
5,268 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

Germany will not be accepting the same numbers of refugees in 6 months time. This situation will have calmed by then. Besides, they are just people without a home. They are not a threat.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
66,940 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

All European countries are taking refugees. If you are that concerned, then you need to avoid the continent completely, sorry.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
12,714 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

Yes wee Angie soon changed her mind on the proposed numbers Germany was going to take didn't she!

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
66,940 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

I'm not going to get too political, I just noticed that even the Channel Islands are taking some!

Mentioned in this post
Channel Islands
Channel Islands
United Kingdom
Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
130 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

I don't believe they would be a treat. However, seeing homeless refugee families is not really on my vacation bucket list. It's a very unfortunate situation and I'm not convinced there is an end in sight anytime soon. But maybe I'm overly concerned.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
66,940 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

I think you are being overly concerned, to be honest. What is reported in the US isn't always an accurate picture of what is happening in Europe.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
12,714 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

Agree, no disrespect but from what I have seen of American TV News it tends not to report much of what goes on around the World unless it directly effects America, whereas the BBC will focus on all the big stories regardless of whether it effects Britain or not.

Besides I don't think I would give up visiting Europe because of that, you would in all probability not be affected whatsoever, so yes I would agree you are are being over concerned.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
19. Re: Oban to Edinburgh for Flight to Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2016, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Oban