We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nunland holiday lodges

York
Level Contributor
15 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Nunland holiday lodges

Hello

We are honeymooning in a lodge at nunland hillside lodges.

Has anybody been here? What did they think of it?

How far is it from Dumfries and are there any good restaurants or pubs within taxi distance?

Thanks in advance!

liverpool
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

Hi Just wondering if you had been yet and what you thought?

Thanks and congratulations!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

Hey,

Maybe too late but I have been to these lodges. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, hot tub was amazing. Lodges are very nicely kitted out and comfortable. The lodges feel like they are in the middle of nowhere but you are actually really close to main carriageway that takes you into dumfries, its about a 10 minute drive into the centre of town. We drove around the area and visited an ice cream and chocolate factory both i would recommend! We sat in the hot tub at night star gazing as the skies have little light pollution there. Will definitely return there. Enjoy!

3. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 01:05
York
Level Contributor
15 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

Hello

We did stay there, and had a fantastic time!

The views from the lodges are great, you feel really private and it's only £7 in a taxi into Dumfries.

Absolutely cracking produce available locally, was the most relaxing few days ever!

Owners fantastic and friendly, really highly recommended!

scotland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

lodges nice but staff are rude to say the least!!

the cheap table collapsed and we were threatened by police if we did nt stump up £1800

even had to change my mobile number because i was threatened by the owners.

DO NOT GO!!!!!

10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

Hi,

I am looking at booking to stay in this lodge this summer. Is there plenty of things to do in the area during the day? Also does anyone know if there is Wifi access in the lodges?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

I realise the above posters have already been on their holidays so I am posting this for the benefit of any future holiday-makers. I was slightly concerned, before booking, when I saw the negative comment above, as customer service is really important to me, but I can absolutely assure anyone who is thinking if going that the person above either had a one-off negative experience, or they were feeling rather bitter. We stayed at Nunland a few weeks ago, along with our friends in another cabin, and we were completely blown away. The cabins are gorgeous, very clean and exceptionally well equipped. The local area is beautiful with very friendly locals and lots to do for all ages - the owners are able to advise on several nice things to do. The couple who run the lodges are so nice and bend over backwards to accommodate you - including being on call in just a few minutes notice to do things as small as adjust the heating and change the battery remotes. They even immediately supplied me with additional baking trays when we decided to bake cakes on a rainy day. We will definitely be returning and have already recommended it to several of our friends and family.

Fife, United Kingdom
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

Nunland holiday lodges . 25/10/14 , just back home after a weeks break at Nunland holiday lodges . Had a lovely time , the lodges are beautiful ,clean and well maintained . The hot tubs are treated every morning as they should be , the area is so quiet and peaceful with plenty to do in the surrounding areas , your situated about 4 mile outside Dumfries which has plenty of shops for supplies. It is run by a lovely couple who couldn't do enough for you , nothing is to much bother , I can't understand the negative comment which was posted , as all the furniture was very good quality ,all I can say is we were well catered for and the couple were lovely . I will be recommending to friends and family . And I will definitely be returning myself.

9. Re: Nunland holiday lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries and Galloway