We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Have a wedding to attend end of July, looking for a reccomendation for a good hairdressers to do colour cuts

28 replies to this topic
united kingdom
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

i too would NEVER recommend HYPE to anyone unless you were completely desperate! when we arrived the owner was outside swearing on the phone to someone. (great first impression). there were 5 of us in our party and at first she only reconed there should be 3. my daughter went first with the owner. my daughter has dip dyed hair which is bleached at the end.she has been advised to always use heat protection on it. when the owner started to straighten it without this i could tell my daughter was becoming distressed so i mearly enquired if she needed to put heat protection on before straightening it. the lady slammed down the striaghteners with the reply " do you want to do it" before strorming off! she then reappeared, rummaged around for some heat protection which clearly hadnt been used for decades. she did appologise( as did i but i dont know why i appologised as surely it should be common practice for a PROFESSIONAL salon to use such products!!) before carrying on however. none of the rest of us received heat protection before straightening, only the "whit powder stuff". none of our hair was how we requested. i asked for messy bun but looked more like audrey hepburn. my neice has long hair which ended up in dredlocks due to the amount of hairspray on it. luckily the brides hair turned out ok but wasnt exactly how she had wanted it. in all i found the staff EXTREMELY RUDE. they talked over the customers like they werent even there, and they are clearly not experienced or up to date with modern methods or styles of hairdressing. probably more siuted to THE PURPLE RINSE BRIGADE!!!

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,657 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

to me it looks like some nasty reviews are here

possibly by owners of a rival establishment ?

certainly nothing to do with travel advice or Tripadviser

Cardiff
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

I doubt very much that any of these reviews are from rival hairdressers. Why would they need to target one particular establishment i.e. HYPE when there are other hairdressers that would also be classed as competition in Gretna and I don't see such bad reviews with them. More likely that these are genuine people hoping to warn others so they don't have the same dissappointing outcome when they book to have their hair done on what should be one of the most important days of their life. Especially as I know that the last review is 100% truth as I was the bride. My hair did look ok luckily but nothing special and the curls did drop as the evening progressed. I think to be safe any bride should avoid booking with HYPE.

leeds
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Well I can't agree with your comments Thelma. I Rang up "hype" this week and wanted to book 5 people including the bride for a wedding. Was told the receptionist would call me back after her break as she was out of the shop. After 4days of no call I rang back and explained I had not been contacted and the very rude lady on the end of the phone didn't apologise or ask for or supply any details and instead just wanted a deposit. Hmmm...the song lyrics dont believe the hype comes to mind!

Edited: 28 August 2015, 17:56
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Hi am coming from Northern Ireland getting married in July did u get any thing as I need hair n make up

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Agreed. Michelle of Au Naturel was fantastic.

She came out to our hotel too and although we'd never met she was so accommodating and helpful I'd recommend her to anyone wanting their wedding hair do.

Edited: 21 July 2016, 15:22
Norfolk, United...
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Just got back from a friends sisters wedding in Gretna , Myself & bridesmaid went to HYPE hairdressers we both asked in short notice for our hair to be put up my hair was awful had so many products in it & back combed like a birdsnest , The bridesmaids hair was ok as she had a different girl do hers All i wanted to do was get back to the hotel & wash it out very quickly as i did .It was very over charged and rushed , I would not recommend this hairdressers

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Ive just had my hair cut at Bliss. Last minuite.com for me but i have to say the girls were amazing..so friendly and got me in without an appointment.I was so pleased with my cut.would definitely recommend this salon.x

Reply to: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gretna Green