We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring St. Andrews university in July

Paris, France
Level Contributor
73 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Touring St. Andrews university in July

We'll be in Edinburgh at the tail end of July. My husband is interested in seeing the old buildings of the University of St. Andrews. What are the chances that they would be open and tour-able on July 29 or 30? And even if they are, I'm thinking this would be a long day trip from Edinburgh, although once in St. Andrews we could also see the other sights (not the golf course).

Thanks!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring St. Andrews university in July

Not sure about tours, you could always contact the Uni.

Easy enough to get to St Andrews by public transport and since it will be light until very late you can make the day as long or short as you want.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
73 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring St. Andrews university in July

Thanks. I couldn't find info on the Uni website about weekend tours, but will contact directly.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,307 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring St. Andrews university in July

This tour is advertised

iconictours.co.uk/st-andrews-tour-walking-to…

but I'm pretty sure you could also get a self guided walking tour map at the Tourist information centre at the end of Market Street. If you are getting the train to St.Andrews you will then be taking the bus from Leuchars to St.Andrews. There is a map of the town outside the bus station and Market Street is only a five minute walk. The TIC is at the far end, on the right.

If you need any more information, just ask. St.Andrews is an easy day trip from Edinburgh and you will go across the iconic Forth Rail Bridge on your journey.

forth-bridges.co.uk/forth-bridge/facts-figur…

St.Andrews is most certainly NOT all about golf. Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Touring St. Andrews university in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2018, 00:16