We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 2015 Open?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
390 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for 2015 Open?

Having attended several Opens, my family are hoping to go to St. Andrews for the final weekend next year. I know that packages are available, but they incorporate 1-1.5 hours travel on the whole.

Does anyone know of any towns/villages that would be closer, but not priced ott? We will have a car, although I appreciate that driving there ourselves might be a nightmare, so other suggestions would be welcome. :)

I would be really grateful for any guidance.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for 2015 Open?

Have a look at the pretty fishing/seaside villages along the coast from St Andrews- Crail, Anstruther, Cellardyke, st Monans, Pittenweem and Elie. Collectively this area is known as the East Neuk of Fife. Most have b&b accommodation and lots of holiday cottages but the latter usually have a 7 day min rental in peak season.

2. Re: Where to stay for 2015 Open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 13:16