We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

manchester
Level Contributor
265 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

Coming to Glasgow later in the year for a hen do and will have a mixed age range with most being 35-50 give or take a few years!

We're heading to the west end one night for a meal and then on to Ashton Lane to while away an hour or two in the beer gardens and probably ending in Jinty McGintys.

Saturday night we have a table booked at Shangai Shuffle so will be there til say 11 or 12. Some of the group may retire for the night at this point but for those that want to stay out can you recommend anywhere for this age range?

Don't want a grab a granny place but somewhere we can have a laugh and a drink without feeling either too old, too stuck up or like we're trying to avoid any potential trouble. In our younger days we went to the Garage or ABC for cheap drinks and a good dance but now we're a bit older we're past the sticky floors and sweaty bodies and don't need the cheap drinks quite as much (though they never go a miss!) so can you recommend anywhere?

We're staying just off sauchiehall street but not an issue to get taxis etc if we need to go to the other end of town after Shangai.

Thanks

BrewDog Glasgow
$$ - $$$, Bar, British, Pub
The Bungo Bar and Kitchen
$$ - $$$, Bar, European, British
Rab Ha's
$$ - $$$, Bar, European, British
11 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

For that age group I would always suggest Arta in the Merchant City.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

Oran Mor on the corner of Gt Western Rd & Byres Rd is another possibility, open until 3am

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,136 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

Couple;

Missoula, Club Tropicana.

Both on Renfield St

Any Grannies in the party that want to be grabbed then the Savoy😂

Edited: 07 June 2018, 22:54
manchester
Level Contributor
265 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

Thanks for all your replies, yes definitely not wanting The Savoy! That place was grab a granny / chavtastic when I was a student which is a good few years ago so not really wanting there.

The other places sound good though, I've contacted Arta and will take a look at the others too. Do you think it would be best to pre-book given the numbers? Been on a few hen does in Liverpool / Leeds and they don't let large groups in unless you have pre-booked. Pre-booking usually means a minimum spend paid upfront too which can be difficult to organise for a group!

It appears Shangai Shuffle is now off the cards as they are fully booked already so we'll now probably be looking for somewhere to eat too so Arta may fit the bill quite nicely as somewhere we can stay for the night. Any other suggestions welcome too!

Thanks

ibrox glasgow
Level Contributor
98 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

Hi you can also pre-book food and drinks at Missoula they also do cocktail masterclasses

Level Contributor
1,827 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

West end or try the subway pub crawl.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

Club Tropicana or even Maggie mays

Scotland
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

I went to a hen do dinner years ago in Arya. We had food and then went to the club down stairs. It was really good and the mixed ages liked the varied music.

Scotland
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

I also went to the Corinthians for dinner in a private cocktail class, then dinner and you could go to the bar/club after. The dinner was in a private room and the cocktail making class is the best one I have been to. I think the room was decorated by a hen and we brought our own music.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?

ABC and The Garage! My old haunts.

For your age group and to avoid places like The Savoy (!?) I would recommend the below

1. Finnieston. Not sure how long you have been away but this is now full of good bars and places to eat. You could go to a few places here. Places like Firebird and Kelvingrove Cafe open til 1am.

2. City Centre. The Citizen, Anchor Line and Atlantic Bar & Brasserie are all next to each other for food and drinks. Iberica close by is good for food and drinks as is Central Hotel Champagne Bar.

3. Merchant City. Arta is nice inside. The club can be a bit of a meat market but the bar upstairs is open to give you space. Citation would be a good bar for your group and Brutti Compadres is a fun place to eat.

Reply to: Bars / Clubs for over 30's?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted