We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you check my taxi fare calculator please?

Cardiff, Wales, UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Can you check my taxi fare calculator please?

Hi,

I run the taxi fare calculator website www.taxiroute.co.uk

I have recently added the Glasgow tariff to the system and was wondering if anyone in Glasgow could check the accuracy of the quotes please?

Thanks

Trev

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,383 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you check my taxi fare calculator please?

Hi, You may not be aware of this but Glasgow has probably the cheapest Taxi Tariff of any major Town or City in the UK, something like 334 out of 372 in the offical league table.

The initial cost is £2.20 for the first half mile increasing by 20p increments thereafter at a rate of £1.20 per half mile.

Having the "Knowledge" it is fairly accurate, and will assist people in gauging a rough estimate however as always anomalies like road closures and heavy traffic will play a part.

Good to see the only recommended Taxi Company and phone Number listed belongs to the "real taxis" and not a Private Hire Company.

Edited: 22 March 2010, 16:11
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,895 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you check my taxi fare calculator please?

I tried a few variations but unable to get a quote from Glasgow Queen Street Station..

Cardiff, Wales, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you check my taxi fare calculator please?

Hi,

Sorry about that.

Im still working on teaching the system about train stations and airports.

Ive got a list of 1075 train stations about to be added..but thats the easy bit... its how to make it easy for the user to choose from a list that long..

I working on it

trev

taxiroute

Cardiff, Wales, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you check my taxi fare calculator please?

hi, thanks for the reply... bang on

can i just ask about your tariff calcs?

at the moment, based on the tariff glasgow.gov.uk its, as you say, £2.20 is the first charge level but i make it for the first 931 yards (0.528977273 of a mile) and then 20p for every follwing 248 yards (roughly 0.140909091 of a mile) which roughly equates to £1.42 a mile.

does that tally with what you think?

trev

taxiroute

Edited: 23 March 2010, 05:00
Glasgow
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you check my taxi fare calculator please?

I do not know what help your site offers as "Glasgow TOA", which is the biggest hackney association, have their prices cheaper than the official tariffs, so your site is well out date and wrong with the Glasgow prices.

You also give the tariff one boundary price to outside each boundary where the taxi company will charge a boundary. One charge to fort William from Glasgow has your site supplying a price which is out by £48. I will have a check at Edinburgh and Perth to see how much your taxiroute site is incorrect.

from Peter (the shy one)

6. Re: Can you check my taxi fare calculator please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow