We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

Glasgow
1 post
2 reviews
lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

lastminute.com/trips/productDetailsInternal…

Discover something different and try out this contemporary hotel in the stylish West End of Glasgow. You won't be dissapointed by the well designed rooms and bar area and if you are feeling peckish you can try their award winning restaurant. Everything you need, plus take a stroll and you'll be in the centre of Glasgow in no time

Any ideas as to what hotel this could be, I want to book somewhere nice for a quiet night with a friend, I've never used a top secret hotel before so am a bit nervous, I know the west end quite well but somehow can't work it out. Help?

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
188 reviews
1. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

I think it's the Lorne Hotel. I Googled the list of features from Lastminute and the Lorne came up so it is most likely the one.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
35,019 posts
1 review
2. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

City Inn aka Mint Hotel perhaps?

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
188 reviews
3. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

No, as I say I am fairly sure it's the Lorne. The Cit/Mint is not West end.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,751 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

Not a lot to go on apart from the award wiining Restuarant which would be the Indian Bukkarah, if it is the Lorne then yes it was refurbished last year to a very high standard.

Turn right when you come out the door and a 8 minute walk later you are at Charing Cross and the busy nightlife of Sauchiehall St, equelly turn left and you are not that far from the West End.

By the way there is a cracking Indian Restuarant right across the Road, Sibbo's i think it is called!

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
5. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

I am also wondering about booking this one. Did you find out which hotel it is?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

I'd agree that its most likely the Lorne...

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
15,075 posts
325 reviews
7. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

I can't get that link to work. If you think it's the Lorne, do check out the reviews so you know what recent feedback is like.

Ayr
Level Contributor
597 posts
317 reviews
8. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

Hi Weegie,

We boked a "secret" hotel last week and turned out to be the Grand Central at the station, so probably not the one they are descibing to you but think you will end up with a bargain. We only paid £55.

9. Re: lastminute.com secret hotel, which one is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow