We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TT on ferry

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
TT on ferry

Can someone help with a question please. I'm taking the ferry from Oban to Craignure and back next month and I want to take my Audi TT but I'm worried that I will ground it. You know how there is a down ramp usually driving onto a ferry and the ramp on to the ferry is up so even saloon cars can hit the ground. I know this sounds bad, but I love my car and don't want to damage it. Can someone tell me if the access to the ferry is as I described or advise me to take my car or my husband's saloon car. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Oban
Oban
Argyll and Bute, UK
Craignure
Craignure
Isle of Mull, UK
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
3,144 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TT on ferry

No problem at all. It's a large ferry, and the ramp from the ferry that connects with the road ramp is barely noticeable. You get all sorts of cars on Mull - it's a popular motoring destination. I've seen whole convoys of classic sports cars, and once saw sixteen vintage Porsches. Your TT will be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Isle of Mull
Isle of Mull
The Hebrides, UK
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TT on ferry

Most ferry piers (with larger ferries) have semi-floating ramps to cope with tides so up-and-downs are minimised.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TT on ferry

Thanks so much. TT it is then.

4. Re: TT on ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2018, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Mull