We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM card for Verizon phones at Shannon airport

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
SIM card for Verizon phones at Shannon airport

Hello,

I am arriving at Shannon airport and would like to find the most convienent way to get SIM cards for my Verizon iPhone 4 and 5, micro and nano SIM cards. I will be traveling between Galway and Dublin, then over to Scotland, and back to Belfast before flying back to the US from Dublin. What is my most convenient option? I assume almost anything is cheaper than paying international data rates to Verizon.

I will mostly be using the data, i dont care as much about phone calls. I just need to navigate and look up info about places to go and see while we are traveling.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SIM card for Verizon phones at Shannon airport

O'Connell St in Ennis has all the phone shops including the Carphone Warehouse, 3, Meteor, Vodafone, O2. likewise all the above can be found in Galway.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SIM card for Verizon phones at Shannon airport

Thanks tony2phones, any suggestion on which service to pick with the best coverage and value for data?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SIM card for Verizon phones at Shannon airport

3 is the best value for data if you are going to the UK and don't want to get a second SIM. Coverage will be fine in urban areas and most of Ireland.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SIM card for Verizon phones at Shannon airport

gaelflyer - do i have to worry about roaming?

I dont mind paying 15-30 euro twice if it means i can have data for each week i am in each of the countries.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,673 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SIM card for Verizon phones at Shannon airport

There is a small amount of free roaming using 3 but I would go with 02 in the UK for data or Possibly Tesco who use the O2 network for their UK service, UK data includes the 6 counties of Northern Ireland.

6. Re: SIM card for Verizon phones at Shannon airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 13:16