We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ennis to Blarney Caste

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ennis to Blarney Caste

I have one weekday open during a business trip. My goal is to get to Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone. I cannot seem to find a one day tour. The hotel referred me to a chauffeur service, but the quote i received was 300 euros - way more than I wanted to pay. Would love to know if there are any one day tours. If no tours, what would be a cheaper way to get there? Is there a bus or train that is farily simple to catch? Driving myself is not an option - too nervous about driving on the other side of the road.

Detailed instructions on bus/train stops and approximate cost would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,906 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ennis to Blarney Caste

it's doable for much less than 300 using public transport!

Bus Eireann Bus from Ennis to Cork Bus station at 08:20, 09:20 or 10:20 (I recommend get the first one) Journey time - 3 hours - return cost about €25

At Cork bus station there is a regular bus (approx. every half hour) service to Blarney Village. Journey Time 25 minutes, Return Cost about €5

Total transport cost about €30 and easily doable.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ennis to Blarney Caste

You can figure specifics here: https:/…

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ennis to Blarney Caste

Thank you so much! So helpful! That is so much more affordable!

Reply to: Ennis to Blarney Caste
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blarney
More Blarney Topics