We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Lunch early dinner suggestions in Kilkenny town

New England
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Late Lunch early dinner suggestions in Kilkenny town

Looking for a dinner spot nothing fancy - simply good food at a good price.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,618 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Lunch early dinner suggestions in Kilkenny town

Zuni does early bird from 6.00, or lunch from 12.30 http://zuni.ie/

Café Sol does lunch 12.30 to 5.00 and early bird 5.30 to 7.30. http://www.restaurantskilkenny.com/

Anocht (Kilkenny Design Centre) does early bird from 5.30. www.kilkennydesign.com/anocht-restaurant. Or there is self-service lunch available in the café up to then.

The above are all my favourite restaurants in Kilkenny.

There is also Langtons, which serves food all day and is good value for money. http://www.langtons.ie/

Many, many other options. A lot of visitors like Kytelers ( I don't go myself) and there is a range of Italian, Indian and Chinese restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Zuni
Zuni
1,065 Reviews
Kilkenny, Ireland
Anocht
Anocht
392 Reviews
Kilkenny, Ireland
Kilkenny
Kilkenny
County Kilkenny, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,972 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Lunch early dinner suggestions in Kilkenny town

Kytelers is a decent enough option and one of the main tourist choices. There are any number of small cafe's that I can't remember the names of, Matt the Millers across the river is a good option and a good night out.

Be warned that many places in Kilkenny have forgotten about the recession and Irishrovers favourites are generally above my humble pay grade. My typical 2 meals + 2 drinks good pub grub budget is around the €30 mark.

Mentioned in this post
Matt The Millers Bar & Restaurant
Matt The Millers Bar...
1,490 Reviews
Kilkenny, Ireland
Kilkenny
Kilkenny
County Kilkenny, Ireland
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
30,024 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Lunch early dinner suggestions in Kilkenny town

Decent pub grub in here.

www.kytelersinn.com/

Ireland
Level Contributor
197 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Lunch early dinner suggestions in Kilkenny town

Try Kytlers Inn or Ripley's both off Kieran Street. Or try the Italian Connection on Parliament Street (between the Watergate Theatre and The Smithwicks Experience). Also Foodworks on Parliament Street opposite the Bank of Ireland building.

You could try Aroi street food restaurant (Thai influence) on Friary Street or any of a number of pubs that serve good food.....Bollards at the top of Kieran Street and the Hibernian on Ormonde street/lower Patrick Street are good for example. There is always Langtons on John Street and a number of eateries

along that road. They should all provide good wholesome dishes that are reasonably priced.

For a bit higher standard try Zuni's on Patrick Street, Pembroke Hotel also on Patrick Street, Rinnuchinni's on the Parade or the Michelin star Champagne on Gas Works lane.

Mentioned in this post
Smithwick's Experience Kilkenny
Smithwick's Experience...
1,490 Reviews
Kilkenny, Ireland
Foodworks
Foodworks
229 Reviews
Kilkenny, Ireland
Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel
Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel
962 Reviews
Kilkenny, Ireland
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
1,814 Reviews
Kilkenny, Ireland
Langton's
Langton's
842 Reviews
Kilkenny, Ireland
5. Re: Late Lunch early dinner suggestions in Kilkenny town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2017, 13:16