We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Drogheda

Burnaby, BC
Level Contributor
88 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
One night in Drogheda

Upon arrival in Ireland for a five-week driving tour, we decided to spend our first night in Drogheda. This is because my husband’s family came to Canada from this area long ago, and he wanted to walk the same streets.

I don’t know that I would have chosen to stay here, if not for those personal reasons, and I wouldn’t want to stay more than a night or two, although it’s a quick drive from the Dublin airport, and would be a good base for visiting Newgrange, Kells, and the Boyne.

We had a nice B&B (Roseville) and easily walked all over town, visiting St Peter’s Cathedral, with its mummified head of Oliver Plunkett; and the St Lawrence Gate.

There seem to be a number of decent restaurants and we had a wonderful tapas meal at D’Vine. We were too tired from travelling to check out nightlife so I can’t comment on that.

1 reply
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Drogheda

The nightlife in Drogheda is standard Irish fare, pubs and clubs. You Probably didn't miss too much!

I love D'Vine! It's one of my fav restaurants in Drogheda!

For anyone else heading to the area, as well as those listed above, consider visiting Beaulieu House and Garden, Old Bridge Estate, Mellifont Abbey, Monasterboice high cross, Millmount Museum and the Cup and Saucer. Some nice beaches around too.

Reply to: One night in Drogheda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Drogheda
Recent Conversations